Sheet Pan Dinner: Tangy Za’atar Chicken with Veggies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in skin on preferred (about 2lbs)
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup za’atar spice blend
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of Stonyfield yogurt
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 tsp hot sauce
- 4 medjool dates
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- 1 handful parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Place cubed squash and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken thighs into the veggies and coat with a little oil. Sprinkle the za’atar over the sheet pan, making sure to focus on coating the chicken thighs. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 40 min. If you use boneless, skinless chicken thighs they will take only about 20 min to cook through. Simply remove them and continue to cook the vegetables for the remainder of the time.
- While the chicken and vegetables cook, prepare the yogurt sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper and set to the side. The yogurt can be made ahead and left the fridge.
- Slice the dates, pick and wash the parsley leaves, wash the arugula.
- Once the squash is caramelized, the brussels sprouts are crispy and the chicken skin is nice and golden, remove from the oven. Sprinkle with the dates and parsley.
- Serve with the arugula and yogurt sauce.