For The Soup:
- Add olive oil to a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute for 3-5 mins or until translucent.
- Add in minced garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in asparagus and peas and top with diced tomatoes, stock, rosemary, parsley and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and cook for 40 mins.
- Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
For the Garlicky Croutons:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut loaf into 1/4-1/2 inch pieces.
- Add pieces to a large bowl and coat with olive oil and garlic powder.
- Use your hands to make sure all pieces are coated.
- Spread over a baking sheet and bake for 5 mins.
- Remove from oven and toss pieces.
- Return to oven and cook for another 5-7 mins or until croutons have reached desired crispiness.
- Top onto soup before serving.
- Keep extra croutons in a brown paper bag to ensure they stay firm.
*I prefer to leave the crust on but you can cut it off if desired.