Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Author: The Healthy Maven
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 sandwiches 1x
For the cookies:
For the Center:
- 1 pint of Open Nature® Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert in CashewMilk Vanilla Bean (feel free to swap for one of their other flavors!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter and almond milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in flax, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda and sea salt until it all comes together.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- If mixture is a little wet (this will depend on your almond butter), place batter in fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Divide dough into 12 balls and roll and flatten with palm directly onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13-15 mins or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 10 mins before removing from sheet. This step is important, do not attempt to remove them from the sheet before 10 minutes is up.
- Remove from sheet and allow to cool completely or place in freezer to speed up process. Cookies should not be hot or warm when making sandwiches.
- Place a scoop (about a 1/4 cup) of Open Nature® Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert in center of one cookie and top with another. You may need to re-shape cookie slightly, but be gentle.
- Smooth down sides with a knife, if desired.
- Store in freezer until ready to serve.