Live

7 Podcasts I’m Listening To Right Now

August 2, 2016

If you’re looking to improve your wellness and up your business, these 7 top wellness and business podcasts will help motivate you to make big changes in your life!

If I could somehow figure how to either a) clone myself or b) add an extra 50 hours to a day, I would 100% start a podcast. I am totally and completely podcast obsessed. I fall into the “pre-Serial” podcast crew who’s been listening to podcasts before Adnand Sayed stole our hearts (but really…did he do it?!), which means I’ve amassed quite a list of podcasts I follow. And even though I would absolutely love to have a THM podcast, I’m probably better off just staying a loyal listener.

If you're looking to improve your wellness and up your business, these top wellness and business podcasts will help motivate you to make big changes.

I got into podcasts when I was living in NYC and had the long commute on the A train up to Washington Heights from Chelsea. Podcasts entertained me, they educated me and they only made me miss my stop twice after falling asleep while listening. These amazing hosts and storytellers have been with me through moves, flights, dog walks, road trips and long days in the kitchen. Many of them feel like my friends even if most of them don’t know I exist…

My list of must-listen to podcasts has changed over the years as my interest and passions have changed. Once full of nutrition podcasts, I eventually starting using meditation podcasts to keep me from jumping off the train during my commute to work in Toronto. These days my list is full of wellness, self-development and business podcasts with some hilarious and entertaining ones thrown in for fun.

As I begin to delve into other topics I’m passionate about, I thought it would but fun to share with you some of the podcasts I’m listening to right now. I always love getting recommendations for podcasts so I’m hopefully you can find some new ones from this list as well!

Pop in those earbuds and open your podcast app. Here are my top wellness and business podcasts I’m loving.

Let It Out with Katie Dalebout

Katie is actually a dear from of mine, whose podcast I’ve been listening to for a few years now. I love the diverse range of topics she talks about with her interviewees (generally under the umbrella of wellness) and explores with her listeners. I feel like I’m constantly in a state of exploration and I know without fail I will learn something new from Katie and her guests when I turn on “Let it Out”. It also helps that she is the most genuine person I know.

The Lively Show

The Lively Show also explores health and wellness but more within the business sphere. She interviews successful entrepreneurs and digital businesses that are inspiring and encouraging wellness or an innovative perspective within their domains. She covers everything from self-worth, productivity, and relationships and anything in between. She’s currently taking a few months off to travel through Europe and has been sharing her journey on the podcast. One of my favorites to tune into!

The One Part Plant Podcast

While we’re on the topic of wellness podcasts, I had to mention the OPP podcast with Jessica Mernand. Jessica is a blogger who interviews other bloggers, online influencers and authors on health and wellness. What I love most are her mini podcasts called “the things that freaked my week” where she brings on a guest blogger and they talk about awesome things happening in the world. There are times when I can feel pretty bummed out about things that are happening around the globe, but I love knowing I can turn on the OPP podcast and it will without fail make me think about the positive.

Startup

Start-up came out around the same time as Serial and quickly became a podcast sensation. For good reason too because it is probably the best produced podcast out there. The content focuses on chronicling the starting of a business. The first season is all about starting a podcasting business and then it changes from season to season. Admittedly, I was late to the game in terms of listening but I’m so happy I finally found the time. If you’re interested in business and the work that goes in to building one, this podcast is for you.

Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield

Also for my business junkies out there, if you love marketing, business tips and building a profitable business, you will love Amy Porterfield. I listen to a lot of business podcasts (feel free to comment below if you want to hear more of them), but I find that Online Marketing Made Easy is by far the most approachable and relevant. Things like building your email list, apps for productivity and goal setting that will leave you motivated and excited, not confused and overwhelmed.

Girlboss Radio

Sophia Amoruso is the power force behind Nasty Gal clothing and her best-selling book, “Girl Boss”. She interviews badass female entrepreneurs about anything and everything. If I’m being totally honest, I don’t love the first 20 minutes where she’s chatting with her friend, so sometimes I skip right to the interview but maybe you’ll like it. It’s cool to hear the journeys of various women in business doing kick-ass things.

Blissful Bites Podcast

This podcast generally focuses on business within the food sector. From bloggers to product developers and start-up food brands, Nicole Culver asks the questions you’ve been dying to hear the answer to from the bloggers and businesses whose brains you’d like to pick. If you’re interested, I stopped by the Blissful Bites podcast and answered all your questions on how to quit your full-time job to run a blog. You can listen to it HERE.

And while we’re on the topic of podcasts, I wanted to share with you guys that my friend Katie from Let it Out Podcast will be in Toronto filming a LIVE podcast recording of her show. Yours truly will be in the hot seat answering all of her questions and I would LOVE for you to be there! My friend Nikky from Health Nut Nutrition (who you may remember from Avocado Week) will also be there! You are all welcome to join in on the fun so we can meet, podcast and have some fun all for a good cause.

Book Launch Party-Toronto-FB_Cover-v1

WHEN: Next Saturday August 6th from 12:30-3:00 PM

WHERE: Tequila Bookworm (upstairs), 512 Queen Street West, Toronto

TICKETS: $10 with 100% of proceeds going to REALgirl –> Buy them HERE

Would love to see you there!

Are you a podcast listener? What are you listening to right now?

WANT MORE HEALTHY LIVING TIPS? Join the THM Community!

Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive info about healthy living, products I'm loving and tips and tricks on making a healthy lifestyle easier and sustainable.

Danielle
    August 2, 2016 at 8:16 am

Love it! If I was in Toronto I’d totally come see you girls! I just started listening to Girl Boss and really like it, but haven’t heard of a couple of the others. Will have to look them up!
    Danielle recently posted…Portland Marathon Training Reflections: Week 7

Stella @ Stellicious Life
    August 2, 2016 at 8:35 am

I would totally listen to THM podcasts if you ever decide to branch out into that as well 😉
    Until that happens I’ll check out these recommendations of yours and your podcast at Blissful Bites. Good luck with the live event! 🙂
    Stella @ Stellicious Life recently posted…Blueberry Cheesecake (Gluten and Refined Sugar-free)

Hilary
    August 2, 2016 at 8:45 am

I am totally so late to the podcast game but I have fallen in love with them! I was just listening to your episode on blissful bites yesterday! And I can’t wait to check out let it out.

Amy @ upearlywithamy.com
    August 2, 2016 at 9:30 am

I love this! I’m always looking for new podcasts, I’ve been listening to Ted Talks, NPR, and Stuff You Should Know and did not even think to explore the wellness field with them! Thanks 🙂
    Amy @ upearlywithamy.com recently posted…February in July

Polly
    August 2, 2016 at 9:45 am

I found out about Blissful Bites from another blogger and really enjoyed listening to some of the interviews! I didn’t know you were also featured on there. I’ll be sure to check it out along with Girl Boss. I loved the book so I can only imagine how great the podcast is!
    Polly recently posted…Family Photos: The Beauty of Motherhood

Lindsey Bomgren
    August 2, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Love me a good podcast and walk + jog! Thanks for sharing I can’t wait to dig into some of these! You should also check out Lori Harder’s podcast, she has lots of good interviews with top notch people!
    Lindsey Bomgren recently posted…buddy up for this bodyweight partner workout {8 exercises to do with a friend}

Leah M | love me, feed me
    August 2, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Yesssss! I’m all about podcasts and I’m excited to see some new to me ones here! One Part Podcast is my favourite, Jessica is just amazing and she always has the most incredible guests. I also really love Invisibilia, Reply All, Real Talk Radio with Nicole Antoinette, and I could probably go on for ages.
    SO excited to listen to your podcast with Nicole today!!

August 9, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Reply All is one of my fave non-biz, wellness podcasts! So good! Hope you enjoyed the podcast with Nicole 🙂

Jessica Murnane
    August 2, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Thanks so much for including One Part Podcast in this roundup! I’ve been listening to a lot of Michael Ian Black’s How To Be Amazing, Jalen + Jacoby, and The 10% Happier Podcast with Dan Harris.

August 9, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Jessica! I was with Katie this weekend and she was saying how awesome you are and how real and authentic your pod is! I couldn’t agree more, though I think we’ll have to meet-up in person to verify 😉 Thanks for the recommendations! I’m totally gonna check them out! -D

Ashley @ The Small Town Foodie
    August 2, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Just listened to you on Blissful Bites this morning on my commute 🙂 You are such an inspiration to newbie bloggers like me! Thanks for all the other podcast ideas!
    Ashley @ The Small Town Foodie recently posted…One Skillet Mexican Rice

Natalie @ Muffins and Miles
    August 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for this awesome list, Davida! I’m looking to start listening to podcasts, particularly business ones. I’ll have to check some of these out. Your event in Toronto sounds like a blast!
    Natalie @ Muffins and Miles recently posted…Buttery Peach Scones with Vanilla Glaze

Christina Rice
    August 3, 2016 at 9:24 pm

I’m obsessed with podcasts! I actually started one with some of my friends – it’s called Actually Adultish. Some of my fave podcasts are Let it Out with Katie Dalebout, The Skinny Confidential Him and Her Podcast, Ladies Who Lunch, Balanced Bites, Ladygang, Mind Body Musings with Maddy Moon, The Bitch Bible, and Earn Your Happy Podcast with Lori Harder!
    Christina Rice recently posted…Chunky Monkey Nice Cream Scone Sandwiches (GF / Vegan)

August 9, 2016 at 7:23 pm

This list is amazing! Sounds like we have the exact same taste! Going to check out the new ones!

Dronile
    August 3, 2016 at 10:10 pm

OMG Davida, I didn’t know you lived in Washington Heights!! I grew up there and just recently moved out of the neighborhood! So crazy! I recently became obsessed with podcasts but I am loving Radio Cherry Bombe, Black Girls In Om, and Dean & Deluca’s Prince Street.
    Dronile recently posted…Running: Getting Started

August 9, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Ah I lived in Chelsea but worked at NY Pres so was in Washington Heights everyday! Thanks for the new podcasts! I’m definitely going to check them out!

Katie
    August 4, 2016 at 11:00 pm

love this!! love you! can’t wait to see you!