On Episode 3 of the women’s health series I’m chatting with Paula Mallis a birth doula and the founder of WMN Space all about what happens during pregnancy and what changes to expect in your body. We’re also discussing the 4th trimester and why women need to not just be preparing for birth but for the transition that comes after giving birth. Pregnancy tends to be a time when women focus on what their bodies CAN’T do instead of focusing on what they CAN do. Today’s episode breaks down this special time and why pregnancy is meant to be embraced, not feared.
We are also discussing:
- Paula’s story and how she became a birth doula
- Paula’s own birth stories with her children
- The three pregnancy trimesters and what they look like
- The fourth trimester and why it’s important
- Birth options and why one woman might embrace one over another
- The placenta birth and cord cutting
- Eating the placenta – is it safe?
- …and so much more!
This episode is brought to you by Ann Marie Gianni Skincare. Ann Marie Skincare is a natural and holistic skincare brand made with organic or wildcrafted herbs that help nourish and care for your skin. Some of my favorites include: Aloe Herb Cleanser, Herbal Facial Oil, Kaolin Exfoliant. Use code MAVEN15 to save 15% off your first order.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!