How much do you know about menopause? If your answer is “not a whole lot”, I’m right there with you! So for the 4th installment of our women’s health series, I invited Dr. Christiane Northrup onto the show to talk about menopause and the joy of aging!
Who is Dr. Christiane Northrup?
Christiane Northrup, M.D., is a visionary pioneer in women’s health, a board-certified ob/gyn, former assistant clinical professor of ob/gyn at the University of Vermont College of Medicine, and three-time New York Times bestselling author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom, The Wisdom of Menopause and Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Prescription for Radiance, Vitality, and Well-being. Needless to say, she knows what she’s talking about!
Photo credit: Bill Miles
We are also discussing:
- Dr. Northrup’s journey and why she decided to become an OBGYN
- Why she doesn’t like the word “aging”
- The difference between menopause and perimenopause
- How women’s hormones change throughout our lifetimes
- The benefit of menopause for a woman’s body
- HRT and its long-term effects on the body – is it safe?
- Natural remedies for women’s hormones
- …and so much more!
Purchase Some of Christiane Northrup’s Books
This episode is brought to you by Ann Marie Gianni Skincare. Ann Marie Skincare is a natural and holistic skincare brand made with organic or wildcrafted herbs that help nourish and care for your skin. Some of my favorites include: Aloe Herb Cleanser, Herbal Facial Oil, Kaolin Exfoliant. Use code MAVEN15 to save 15% off your first order.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!