I’m a true believer that it’s our pain that becomes our power; that we are not defined by our triumphs but by our struggles and how we recover from them. Today’s podcast guest is no exception. I’m thrilled and honored to have Dr. Adi Jaffe, founder of IGNTD on the show today sharing his journey with addiction and how he turned his pain into power. Dr. Jaffe’s story begins with his own addictions and while it could have ended with 9 felony convictions, he didn’t allow his story to end there. Dr. Jaffe went back to school to get his masters and ultimately his PhD to study addiction and redefine with recovery actually means. Today on the show he’s sharing his story, his struggles with mental health and why he believes that abstinence is a myth.
Today on the show we’re discussing:
- Dr. Jaffe’s story and upbringing
- How he began dealing drugs and ultimately got caught
- The “addictive personality” and if it really exists
- Why he decided to go back to school and study addiction
- IGNTD and why he believes that abstinence is a myth
- Redefining what recovery actually looks like
- Shame and how it plays into addiction
- …and so much more!
This episode is brought to you by Imperfect Produce. I order my my Imperfect Produce box weekly to get fresh, organic produce to my doorstep at 30-50% less than the normal cost. Ugly doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious! Try out your first Imperfect Produce box for 50% off by using the code HEALTHYMAVEN at checkout. Enjoy!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!