While I absolutely love having discussions around wellness week-to-week, at times this space can feel quite insular and exclusive. My hope with the podcast is to use this platform to share with voices that are often ignored or overlooked. It’s important that we remember that a) health and wellness looks different on everyone and b) every body is deserving of health and wellness. That’s why I am thrilled to have Ariel Lawrence on the show today sharing more about her experience with Type 1 Diabetes and the advocacy work she does with marginalized communities with diabetes. Today we are discussing Ariel’s own journey with type 1 diabetes and why she uses her platform, Just a Little Suga’ to raise awareness around diabetes. We’re also chatting about:
- The difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- The treatment for type 1 diabetes
- The experience of marginalized communities with diabetes
- Why she started her blog, Just a Little Suga’
- How she is increasing inclusivity in the diabetes community and beyond
- Her favorite resources when it comes to diabetes awareness and education
- …and so much more!
Learn more about Ariel Lawrence HERE
This episode is brought to you by Ann Marie Gianni Skincare. Ann Marie Skincare is a natural and holistic skincare brand made with organic or wildcrafted herbs that help nourish and care for your skin. For the month of September they are offering TSM listeners a sample trio of their serums + cleanser and facial oil by purchasing through THIS LINK.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!