One of the many reasons I love running the podcast is because I get to pick the brains of people I admire and ask them questions that I know will make me a better and healthier human. Knowing that you get to eavesdrop on those conversations is just icing on the cake! Today’s episode is no exception.
To be honest, I went into today’s episode with Fern Olivia with somewhat of an expectation. I knew we’d talk about Thyroid Yoga and how to support our thyroid health, but what I got in return was so much more. As you guys know, I completed Yoga Teacher Training last spring and have begun my journey of teaching yoga. It has been a STEEP learning curve (if you think yoga teaching is easy – well I urge you to give it a try!) and one that left me with a lot of knowledge but an equal amount of questions. Fern must have picked up on this because the conversation that ensued both inspired and equipped me to be a better yoga teacher. I left our convo feeling amped up and eager to see this next chapter through.
Of course, if you’re not on a journey to teaching yoga, this episode is still relevant for you! We chat about Fern’s decision to move to a blue zone and pursue her dreams as well as how to support your thyroid holistically among many other things.
Here are a few things we discuss in today’s episode:
- How Fern got sick and changed her entire life course through yoga
- Her thyroid condition and how she learned to care for her thyroid holistically
- The hustle culture of yoga and how she learned to live in the flow instead
- 5th chakra healing and how it affects your thyroid
- Identifying your dharma and following through with it
- What Thyroid yoga is and how to use yoga to support your thyroid
- Pursuing a career in yoga and how to find empowerment in your teaching
- How she ended up moving to Costa Rica and what her life looks like now
- The one health habit she can’t live without (I love her answer!)
This episode is brought to you by Imperfect Produce. I order my my Imperfect Produce box weekly to get fresh, organic produce to my doorstep at 30-50% less than the normal cost. Ugly doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious! Try out your first Imperfect Produce box for 50% off by using the code HEALTHYMAVEN at checkout. Enjoy!
Do you have any questions for Fern?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!