{RBX Active} Tush Toning Pyramid Workout

Thank you all SO much for your feedback on yesterday’s post. It sounds like I am far too self-conscious about my life and that you aren’t expecting my recaps to come straight out of US Weekly. I’m no Kardashian…at least not yet! Rob’s still single right?

I’ve come to the conclusion that when I have interesting events and pictures to share I will, but the rest of the time I’ll spare you the snooze-fest. Screw consistency! And apparently you all seem to like my Random Ramblings. That truly baffles me, but I am never without random observations and crude remarks so I will do my best to keep up this series.

Today I am linking up with Lisa’s first ever Fit Tip Tuesday. It’s my goal to include more workouts and fitness info this year so Lisa’s link-up has presented an awesome opportunity for me to do so. But as I just mentioned I’m clearly not great at consistency so don’t be surprised if Fit Tip Tuesday is replaced with “whatever Davs is baking Tuesday” on occasion. Baking > Fitness…always.

My fit tip today is likely to come off as incredibly vain, but it totally works for me. We’ve already determined my lack of fashion sense, but when it comes to workout gear I have a very real shopping problem. I have infinitely more pairs of spandex pants than jeans and a drawer dedicated purely to workout tops. It’s kind of getting out of hand.

For some crazy reason I find I’m more motivated to sweat it out when I’m looking fab-u-lous at the gym. Just me? Occasionally I’ll sport my all-black Ninja attire but more often than not you’ll find me channeling my Cindy Lauper in bright fitness gear. So when RBX Active contacted me about trying out some of their clothes I couldn’t turn them down.

RBX active gear

Sorry about the blurriness…My photographer/father was a little shaky from his workout!

Here’s the thing, I am not picky at all about brands. I am however incredibly picky about fit. Especially with spandex there is nothing worse than  doing your squats only to discover the entire gym has been staring at your plumbers crack. So I put my new RBX gear to the test with a lower-body circuit.The pants passed with flying colours and the shirt was not clingy or restricting at all.

Not only does RBX fit well and stay in place when I am working hard but the X-dri sets the apparel apart from other athletic wear. The wicking technology of RBX X-dri apparel is a must for long sweaty workouts! Even better, their clothes are totally affordable so you don’t have to pick up a second job to support your Lululemon problem. You can find them at Target, Bob’s, Boscov and a bunch more locations listed here. I highly recommend!

Now that we’re all outfitted for our gym sesh I thought I’d share with you the workout that I did. It’s a pyramid workout so you will complete each exercise before going back up in reverse order. I completed the circuit 4 times (up and down twice) and paired it with my Bike Boredom Blaster Workout. DOMS for days, but it was nice to feel like I was starting to get my strength back!

You can complete this workout with weights for added intensity or if you’re at home with no weights you are sure to feel it with just your bodyweight. Sweat on friends!

tush toning pyramid workout Thanks for hosting us Lisa. If you haven’t had a chance to check out her blog do so RIGHT NOW. She’s seriously cool. I’m surprised she even talks to me!

Disclaimer: I was provided with clothing from RDX Active free of charge for review purposes. I was not compensated for this review, and all opinions above are my own.

Do you ever “dress up” for the gym? Do you have a favourite brand for workout clothes?

Comments

1. says

I never match when I run my neighborhood- I go with whichever clothes are clean and whichever pants won’t slide down lol. When I go to the gym, I try to match but that doesn’t always happen. Usually my stuff will mix and match to some extent though. My fave gear is always Lulu but I fill in with the Gap and whatever I can get on sale that fits/works for me from Forever 21, Asics, NIke, Adidas etc.
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Three Tip Tuesday – Learning From Mistakes

2. says

I am totally with you on the workout cloth addiction – it’s totally crazy! My closet is exploding soon, but YES, it motivates big time! If it weren’t so expensive, I think I would go even crazier.
    I love Venice Beach, Ellie or Nike – I guess it’s a good thing that Lululemon does not exist in Switzerland.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…MIMM – #FitFriends Dates and Soreness

3. says

I’m no fitnessista & seeing that I’m always the only person using our apt. gym, I have no problem rocking an old tshirt w/ w/e bottoms are clean that day. #noshame – HOWEVER, I do really like those purple spanx ya got on.

p.s. speaking of K.Kardashian in the 1st paragraph… you think if I bust out this w/o a ridiculous amt of time I’ll get a bootay like hers?? :)
    Jessie recently posted…You’re Never Alone

4. says

Not going to lie, I wear a lot of grubby t-shirts to the gym. But they’re always paired with Lululemon shorts or tights. So at least my butt looks good?

I love the look of that RBX top though – I like that it’s loose but still fashionable. I think that’s my problem with all my Lululemon tops. They’re all somewhat tight, and sometimes I just don’t want to feel constricted like that!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Serendipity Tea House

5. says

I am all about bright colors for the gym! And I’m with you, I have almost zero brand loyalty and no ego when it comes to fitness gear. If it’s adorbs and has a flattering, functional fit, that’s all I need! I feel like having cute clothes is a great fit tip. I am always more motivated to work out when I have cute new clothes to try. Oh the vanity!
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Fit tip Tuesday: Scheduling workouts {BusyTips}

6. says

As much as I hate to admit it! I am right there with you! When I have some new running clothes or shoes, I feel so much better, faster, stronger! I love it! When I am in the meat of my workout where i am pushing myself, it doesnt matter, but by then I am too tired to care haha! Doesnt mean I dont think about it before I walk out the door :)

Oh, and I am in total agreement! Keep the ramblings coming, your personality shines through and I love to read your posts :)
    Tina Muir recently posted…Meatless Monday: Vegetable Rice Bake

7. says

I’ve recently started replacing all of my crappy workout clothing with nicer workout clothing–it does make a difference! Nothing expensive and nothing too fancy, but just something than a cotton tshirt that I won at a pep rally, ya know?
    erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Langostino Ceviche

8. says

Nice workout- I did legs today too! I don’t really have a favorite brand and I usually pick up workout clothes at TJ Maxx so I don’t pay full price (yay for Nike under $20!). After laundry day, my workout clothes look super cute. By the end of the week I’m wearing whatever I can grab!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Turning around a bad day

9. says

ooh definitely adding this workout to my list of workouts to try! I used to wear boy shorts and enormous tshirts to the gym. I found once I started wearing spandex and tank tops that i felt better about myself and worked out harder. May sound weird but I feel like looking better at the gym helps. Mind you, you wont see me getting dolled up for the gym. I see ladies walk in with makeup on and their hair did, I dont get it!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Fitness Must Have: Koss Headphones Review and Giveaway

10. says

We are on the same wavelength because I’m talking workout clothes tomorrow! I’ve never heard of the brand you mentioned, so I’ll have to check them out. I can’t afford Lulu, and to be honest, after everything that’s gone down with them, I don’t plan on saving my money to wear their stuff any time soon.

I couldn’t sleep last night so I was up reading about strength training/muscle toning (I either sound like the biggest tool or the biggest loser ever, I know) and now I want to go to the gym and lift like 100 pounds and become ripped. I should probably start with your workout first :)
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…Chunky Potato Leek Soup

11. says

I honestly am not into work out clothes. I just buy my clothes at Target and Walmart. I try them on first and maybe even “run in place” in the dressing room to see how everything fits. I know I should be more into clothes but I’m not lol!! Thanks for the review though…I do need tops soon! Mine are getting very old and smelly :)
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…Take a guess….!

12. says

Thanks for linking up love! Those workout capris are so cute!! I love the black line down the side. I’m totally the same way, if I am dressed in a cute workout outfit, I feel a zillion times better and actually feel like a try harder/get a better workout. Mirrors are everywhere in a gym, you’re pretty much staring at yourself and everyone else most of the time. If you like the way you look, it’s a major confidence boost, so you’re more motivated to kick your own butt! :)

I can’t wait to try these tush workouts! I’ve been working on a butt workout post, so this is great inspiration. Hopefully I’ll get to trying them today or tomorrow!

xx
    Lisa
    Lisa @ The Skinny on Health recently posted…Fit Tip Tuesday Link Up #1!

13. says

I love shopping workout gear too (this weekend included 2 tees, pants, a light coat and new runners. Yay, so happy!) but I don’t have a favorite brand. We don’t get lots of them in Spain… only expensive ones like Nike and stuff :–( The cheap brands usually make poorly designed uncorfotable clothes and that sucks. I’d love to try that brand, it sounds great! x
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…{Makeover Mondays} Cauliflower Fried “Rice”

14. says

I’m so excited to see you posting more workouts!!! I get some of my funnest moves from other people’s workouts!!
    And, I’m pretty sure you’ve seen enough of my ragged pictures to know that I do not dress up for the gym/basement workout room!
    Kim recently posted…My Biggest Failure – Friendships

15. says

Another tushie work out ;) O yes please! LOL! I DO NOT dress up for the gym, if everything, I dress down – AKA: go as naked as possible because I sweat like a beast in 500 degree weather. Even a sports bra and tiny shorts is too much for me! LOL! That being said, in my normal life, I wear work out clothing ALL THE TIME and my favorite brand, well Lululemon of course, however, I am getting a LITTLE sick of it because they don’t have any new styles! I am trying to get on the Athleta boat, but… I need to just get into the store and put on a fashion show for myself first to see what looks HAWTT!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Victoria Beckham Needs This Natural Prozac!

16. says

I’m a big fan of just doing what you want! And I’m always looking for good fitness tips as my workouts are always changed… kind of like my moisturizers right now. Anyway, I really prefer plain, old cotton tshirts for tops. My athletic tops get stinky and nothing I do (in the washing department) will get rid of it! No such problem with cotton ts!
    Cassie recently posted…make it on monday #5

17. says

love the oufit, and you know I love my bright colors ;)
    I can totally relate to the whole plumbers butt thing. I hate when you buy a pair of capri pants and then they end up falling down the whole time at the gym.

18. says

The one (1) time I got to the gym a year, I usually wear a black top with colored shorts. I am going to be unoriginal and say that a lot of my workout clothes is lulu, I just love the way it makes my butt look.

How superficial do I sound? Let me start over, hey Davida. My name is Tara, it is a pleasure to meet you. ;)
    Tara recently posted…Take Me To Senegal

19. says

I find new workout gear always makes me motivated but I’m not fussed on brand either. I don’t find I can justify really expensive stuff as I’d rather buy two tops or more for $100 rather than just 1 :)

You look great in that workout gear, super fit!
    Jan @ Sprouts n Squats recently posted…Let’s talk turkey…

20. says

Blurry or not you look fucking haawwttt in that photo!! Your body is banginnn. OK now that I am done being a creep, I love that you are going with the flow with blog posts!! STORY OF MY LIFE..or my blog..or both!! I don’t really dress up for the gym..I gotta be comfy in what I have on or my workout will suck big fat dog balls.
    Brittany recently posted…Fuel Like a Warrior

21. says

I think your outfit picture should correlate with your workout….aka some booty tooching. Just googling what bird dogs are lol- what a name!

If you saw me at the gym you might think I was homeless. :)

PS completely off topic but your top is my favourite highlighter colour. The one which doesn’t fall in the ‘orange’ category or any other one.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Removing the perfect life perception

22. says

I used to be a Lulu girl through and through, but I got tired of spending so much on clothes that would pill a month or two later. I just bought a pair of Karma leggings from my Pure Barre studio and so far I love them! They’re a little cheaper than LLL (but still on the splurge-y side) but I’m told the fabric is much higher in quality. They’re also really cute!

23. says

YAY for tush toning!! Thanks for sharing the linkup. I just may be joining it in the coming weeks!

And yes, I totally agree with you on wanting to wear cute workout clothes (and being addicted to buying them!). I wear workouts clothes on an everyday basis, and I prefer to not like a homeless woman all the time in old sweats and ripped t-shirts ;-) I love Under Armour, Nike, Lululemon & have become a Lorna Jane fan since trying out their clothes.
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My Latest Yoga Playlist

24. says

Definitely have an addiction to workout clothes as well! I love that top it’s such a nice color and fit. Yeah I know what you mean about being picky about spandex….it took me about 2 months to find just the right pair of black spandex capris. I just have to have a high enough waist to be comfortable and so many pants are going for that low rise look….I just can’t!
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…Vega #OneChange Chocolate Mint Protein Shake

25. says

I’ve been touting Target’s workout section for a couple years. I think it’s getting even more stylish these days! Their stuff is so sturdy. I treat my clothes terribly and their things have held up so well. Beside good ol’ Tarjay, I often scout TJ Maxx for workout bras and jackets.

x atelier zozo
    zozo recently posted…Bay Area Eats & Drinks

26. says

You look utterly glorious in the photo! I wish I am as active as you! Same here, I’m picky about fit when it comes to clothes and gym clothes. I need to do my squats and wall sits, too! What is Bird Dog btw? I love Adidas by Stella McCartney for workout clothes, it’s my favorite! x Rika

Trackbacks