A part of me wants to talk about how I have writer’s block, but that’s boring.
A part of me wants to talk about my love of lemon, but that’s old news.
A part of me wants to talk about how I saw a man on the Subway eating a whole chicken with his hands, but that’s irrelevant.
A part of me wants to talk about how I’m kind of obsessed with these pictures, but that goes against my modest nature (ahem sarcasm)
A part of me wants to talk about how I attempted to photograph my latest oatmeal recipe before eating anything and the wicked witch of the west came out to play, but today we’re talking waffles.
A part of me wants to talk about how I wished you guys had voted for the oatmeal instead of the waffles in my Facebook and Twitter poll because I actually have something to write about the oatmeal, but you didn’t.
A part of me wants to talk about how I would rather be watching The Real World right now, but….so shameful.
A part of me wants to talk about how awesome these Lemon Buckwheat Waffles are, but instead I talked about absolutely nothing.
- 2 chia eggs (2 T chia seeds mixed with 6 T warm water)
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup of coconut flakes (optional)
- 1. Turn on waffle-iron and let heat up.
- 2. Make chia eggs and set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- 4. Combine vanilla, maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk and lemon juice and zest. Stir in chia eggs.
- 5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add pinch of salt. Waffle batter will be thick.
- 6. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray or grease using melted coconut oil.
- 7. Add a 1/2 cup of batter to iron and follow waffle iron instructions to tell you when the waffle is done.
- 8.Top with mixings of choice.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!