The ladies are back! And this time we’re bringing you recipes from everyone’s favourite meal, brunch! Just what I need in my life, more breakfast food…Consider this a sneak peak into my ecookbook since this gal ain’t got time for 41 breakfast recipes!
It only makes sense that I spend today’s post discussing mommy dearest. Unfortunately she likely won’t be able to read this as she is currently frolicking the globe and last I heard THM was in Russian…True story!
It’s probably a good thing I made this recipe while she’s away since the Maven Mama hates coffee. Clearly I didn’t inherit that gene. Her planning and organization genes seemed to have skipped my generation too. Sorry ma!
If you know my Mom, you know she is by far the most competent human-being on the planet. This is a lady who plans her vacations two years in advance, will find you the best deal on just about anything, and shuttled around 4 kids all while whipping up delicious meals. She’s basically the closest thing to superhuman that earth has ever seen.
Though I may have given her a hard time, well, all the time, she really is amazing and I’m grateful to have someone who I can turn to to help me navigate any situation, inspire me in the kitchen and remind me I have a dentist appointment. She is truly one-of-a-kind!
Even though we should tell our moms everyday how awesome they are, Mother’s day is the perfect opportunity to show them how much we care. So myself and my fellow food obsessed bloggers have brought you delicious and healthy brunch recipes that you can quickly whip up for Mom. There’s no better way to say “I love you” than through food amIright?
I was intrigued to see what the spiralizing queen Ali would come up with and she clearly didn’t let us down with these Mango-Avocado Plantain Cups with Coconut Whipped Cream.Print
Paleo Mocha Almond Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 T coconut flour
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground coffee
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee (cooled to room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract (or vanilla extract if you can’t find)
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, ground coffee, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine coffee, eggs, maple syrup and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pan or pancake griddle to medium heat and melt coconut oil (about 1 tsp).
- Add 1/3 cup of batter per pancake and let cook for 3 minutes or until all bubbles have popped and rim looks cooked.
- Flip and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Repeat process until all pancake batter has been used.
- Serve with maple syrup or toppings of choice.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!