As a healthy paleo breakfast or snack, these Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins will become a summer staple all season long! Enjoy fresh or freeze for later
Pretty much the last thing I should be doing right now is posting about these Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. But I found myself with a compulsive need to share, so here I am. What I really should be doing is tackling the monstrous (never-ending) to-do list I have in front of me. Let’s discuss…
What I forgot to mention in Wednesday’s post on the cons of blogging is how it is often difficult to find a good work-life balance. Any blogger will admit that there is always more to be done. I can’t say that in the year and a half that I’ve been blogging that I have ever been able to cross off everything on my to-do list or if I have there is a descent chance my social life/relationships/personal hygiene has suffered. It ain’t pretty…
Instead of writing this post I should be packing because I leave tomorrow (today) for Boston and I have yet to put in any thought on what I should bring. I probably shouldn’t be studying up on backlit photography because that definitely is not a priority. P.S. This was my first backlit photo-shoot, thoughts?! Instead of writing this post I should probably hit the gym or at the very least get outside because my sole activity this was has been walking to and from the grocery store. I definitely shouldn’t be procrastinating by watching The Mindy Project on Netflix.
More than anything I should probably be sleeping because well, I haven’t done that in a while…But lucky for me I will be taking the next 5 days off and while I suspect I won’t be getting much sleep, I am returning to my second home which is always a soul-refresher. Perhaps this massive migraine I’ve had for the last week might disappear! *crossing fingers*
Due to this lack of time, I am keeping things brief. I am also killing two birds with one stone by making a delicious paleo muffin recipe for you guys while simultaneously feeding my camp friends some hidden zucchini during what will likely be a weekend of debauchery. On that note, it’s time for me to check-out! I’ll be popping in sporadically, but for the most part I’ll be disconnecting and enjoying some R&R with my besties and family. Have a wonderful weekend
Serves: 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond meal*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large zucchini (about 1 cup), grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Place grated zucchini between two layers of paper towel or a dish towel and squeeze out liquid.
- Add zucchini to wet mixture.
- Combine wet mixture with dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or place a muffin liner in each and distribute batter evenly between cups.
- Bake for 25 mins or until tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.