Celebrate the most epic Cinco de Mayo with these 15 Awesome Avocado Recipes! You’ll be covered for breakfast, lunch and dinner…margaritas optional!
Last week I shared with you guys how excited I am to be teaming up with Avocados from Mexico and bringing you delicious avocado recipes and fun avolicious facts. In order to celebrate the occasion, I whipped out the spiralizer and made you a Cucumber Noodle Salad with Avocado Dill Dressing. There’s nothing like a spiralizer to get the party started…
Well I’m back this week with another Avotastic (how many “avo”jectives do you think I can use in this post? Challenge accepted.) post and more importantly, getting you prepared for the biggest party of the year: Cinco de Mayo!
Cinco de Mayo is basically the avocado’s birthday, wedding and anniversary combined. If you’re not eating avocados on Cinco de Mayo then I probably don’t want to know you. I kind of feel that way about every other day of the year too but Cinco de Mayo makes me particularly sassy.
I’ll be in Minneapolis celebrating with my girl Lee this year, which shouldn’t be a problem since she’s equally as avosessed as I am. Don’t be surprised if you see pictures of us eating guac straight from the bowl and margaritas at 11:00 AM all over Instagram. I mean whaaaat?
But just in case you’re feeling stuck on how to make this year’s party particularly avobulous, here’s 15 Awesome Avocado Recipes for Cinco de Mayo!
1. Avocado Mango Smoothie – kick the day off with a delicious smoothie from Eating Bird Food!
2. Simple Poached Egg with Avocado Toast – Not a sweet breakfast kinda guy/gal? Pinch of Yum has the ultimate Avocado Toast topped with a poached egg!
3. Shrimp and Mango Guacamole – It’s snack time! What better than a fun twist on guacamole?
4. Strawberry Avocado Jalapeno Salsa – you can’t have guac without salsa! Get a double dose of avocado from this version from Tasty Yummies.
5. Avocado Tuna Salad – Lunch time! Fill up on your midday avocado with the most-viewed recipe on THM!
6. Avocado Pomegranate Grilled Cheese – the best twist I ever did see on grilled cheese from Fit Foodie Finds.
7. Guacamole Chicken Salad – Got leftover chicken? Mix it with guacamole…DUH!
8. Chilled Avocado Sweet Corn Soup – Dinner has arrived! Keep the festivities going with this soup from Running to the Kitchen
9. Zucchini and Goat Cheese Stuffed Avocados – Not into soup? How about some baked avocados from Food Faith Fitness.
10. Avocado Bean Burgers – Vegetarians ought to join in on the fun! Hummusapien has these veggie-packed burgers for you.
11. Cucumber Noodle Salad with Avocado Dill Dressing – Every good burger needs a side like this spiralized salad!
12. Chili Lime Salmon with Avocado Mango Salsa – For the fish lovers in the house, this salmon from Lovely Little Kitchen’s got you covered.
13. Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad with Roasted Asparagus – Avocado meets bacon. I can die happy. Thank you AGAIN Pinch of Yum!
14. Salted Dark Chocolate Mousse – And of course dessert! This mousse from Fit Foodie Finds is made with none other than…avocado!
15. Vegan No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream – You didn’t think we were going to get through this whole post without a little ice cream action did you? Thank you Connoisseurus Veg!
And there you have it! 15 Awesome Avocado Recipes for one seriously epic Cinco de Mayo. And don’t forget to make sure you’re buying the best avocados out there, Avocados from Mexico!
My friends over at Avocados from Mexico want to help YOU get in on the Cinco de Mayo festivities and are gifting one lucky winner a gift bag full of avoswag. The winner will receive:
One Avo Saver
One 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer
1 “I’m Good Fat” Bag
Enter using the rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends on Monday May 4, 2015 and is open to anyone residing in North America. Good luck!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Avocados from Mexico – Canada. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.
How are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Could anyone else eat avocados with every meal? Just me?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!