blogging

Embracing The Change

November 25, 2013

Well that was fun. By “that” I mean this weekend, and by “fun” I mean just kidding. Want to know what I did this weekend? Look around! Looks kind of different right?

If you’re new here, I’ve made some massive changes to the blog. First, the whole blog has been redesigned and second, I transferred it to WordPress. Word to the wise, if you ever decide to start a blog make it in WordPress off the bat! The next few months will be spent going through each post and fixing the alignment, pictures, recipes etc… and attempting to figure out what the hell a plugin/widget/theme is. Unless you’re as neurotic as I am you probably won’t notice these issues, but forgive me if you’re not able to access anything or a post is illegible.

So why the change? I’m not certain I can cover all the reasons in one post but I’ll start with the biggest. I’ve changed. In hindsight, starting the blog was in some way the first step in my self-growth and discovery.

Cha's Mcgill Graduation 149I’m not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I have always tried to do a lot of things “right”. I got into a good college, did well in school, got a great job, lived in the greatest city in the world and repeated the process over in Toronto. Despite all of these things I can’t say I’ve ever felt truly content with my life. Objectively I knew I had all of the means to be happy, but I just couldn’t accept it as enough. Just because I was doing everything “right” doesn’t mean that it was right for me. Writing about my life has forced me to think a lot more about myself and the path I’ve chosen. And truth-be-told, both of these needed and continue to need a lot of work.

I’ve always been one to shy away from change. I like my routine, the predictability of it, the comfort of it, but it got to a point where my reliance on my routine was preventing me from growth. I was scared to break away from it and accept that it’s okay to make mistakes, be inconsistent and not do the “right” thing all the time. Starting the blog was a huge step for me in getting over this fear. I put my life up for display and therefore public scrutiny on an almost daily basis. The important thing here is not the response I get, but the fact that I’ve chosen to accept your responses, whatever they may be.

It is never too late to become what you might have beenKnowing that I can handle both criticism and praise has given me the confidence to make massive leaps in my life that I otherwise would not have had the courage to do. I know I’m being elusive with the details of these changes, but I will share them when the time is right. What I am trying to say is that in more ways than one the blog has been the catalyst to immense growth in who I am as a person and how I want to live my life. Moving forward I want my blog to reflect these changes and I’m sure as I continue to evolve the blog will too.

To cap things off I need to give Julie from Deluxe Designs a HUGE thank you for transferring my blog and designing it from scratch. But mostly for responding to my incessant emails and not hating me for making you change something 3 times (or at least not telling me that you hate me!). And also to Lee who kept me calm through the transfer process and for doing god-knows-what to my dashboard. You now have the ability to hijack my blog and post all the horrible selfies I send you daily. But please don’t.

Instead of shying away from it, I’m embracing the change. Let’s consider this Davida/The Healthy Maven 2.o 😉

IMG_3757

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Have you ever felt like you needed to change yourself/your life? What steps did you take to make those changes?

Lexi
    November 25, 2013 at 2:07 am

Boy can I relate! I love my routine, my strategically planned path, and my hand-written color coded planner. Sometimes stepping out of the comfort of that is sooo hard to imagine but rewarding when done. Thank you for sharing D!!! The site is gorrrrrg and so are you! Love you!

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    November 25, 2013 at 2:20 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE

so much love!

That is all 🙂

Lee
    November 25, 2013 at 2:43 am

Mwahahahaaa. I don’t even remember the password you told me 🙂 The only thing Id do if I hijacked your blog post the weirdest selfie I could possibly take of myself 🙂 It looks great! And it will be even awesesomer once you figure out WordPress!

Shawn @ Fruity 'N' Nutty
    November 25, 2013 at 2:46 am

Wow, love the new design Davida! Congrats on making a change on your blog and in life. It’s much easier to stick to the same ole routine and takes a lot of bravery to try something new.

ps Did I mention that Ilove the new design?

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    November 25, 2013 at 2:47 am

Congrats girl, it looks great! Can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us. 🙂

Danielle @ LabelsAreForTinCans
    November 25, 2013 at 2:50 am

What a lovely post! And I love the new look PS.

Such a mature way to respond to criticism – just knowing you are able to accept it.

I can completely relate to your situation. I am reluctant to change and was very set in my routine in Toronto – moving to Vancouver was a HUGE change but it really was needed. I agree – blog writing has really helped me reflect on my life, what I want for my life, and what makes me happy. I am so much ‘clearer’ on my next steps that ever before – although still pretty unclear! 😉 But trying to embrace that!

Look forward to hearing about the exciting changes in your life! 🙂

Christie @ Kissesandkale.blogspot.com
    November 25, 2013 at 3:24 am

Love the changes Davida! It looks great! I’ve been thinking about transferring to wordpress too but I’ve been to scared to go through all the tech stuff that comes with it. Maybe someday I will though.

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    November 25, 2013 at 3:44 am

I’m lovin’ the new design…. it looks great!! You’ll catch on to WordPress in no time. Way to go for making the change!

cait @pieceofcait
    November 25, 2013 at 4:15 am

first off, loving the new change! change is a good thing. and I totally love routine { whatever it may be} but I need it!! – Im thinking of switching my blog to be self hosted, but afraid I may rip my hair out!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    November 25, 2013 at 4:20 am

YES! It looks gorgeous, I love it! I am so glad you moved to WordPress. I kind of hate the Blogger platform- commenting is such a pain! But I did it anyway because I love you. 🙂

I know that you will only continue to grow with the blog and I am excited to be here for it! <3

Nicole @ Quest for Balance
    November 25, 2013 at 4:47 am

The new design looks great! It has such a nice simple and clean look. Congratulations on taking the leap into the unknown for this new change. You’ll catch on to wordpress really quickly. If you need any help navigating the platform i’d be more than happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability.

The suspense is already killing me for these exciting new changes in your life. I’m loving your perspective.

In terms of change in my life, o, I could tell you some stories about that. I’ve definitely had a few bouts of pretty big change. But change is good! It’s how we grow. If you’ve never hoped on to the blog “The Daily Love” or listened to any pod cast or lectures by Gabrielle Bernstein I highly recommend checking them out. Such beautiful and inspiring people that have had amazing journeys. When I’m going through a big step in my life I always find it helpful to grab advice and wisdom from inspiring people like those two.

November 25, 2013 at 4:50 am

I absolutely loved Davida 1.0, so does this mean I’ll love Davida 2.0 twice as much? 😀 Congrats on all the changes, lovely lady! I’ve definitely faced a few big changes recently, and the only thing you can really do is trust yourself, jump in, and hope for the best. That and remember that “everything will be okay in the end — and if it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    November 25, 2013 at 5:11 am

Loving the new look. If you don’t mind me asking, I hear about people switching to word press all the time, but just curious what the main reasons are for it? Also when you switch to word press, does it not carry over to bloglovin?

November 25, 2013 at 12:21 am

I think it’s supposed to carry over but it takes some time. Right now mine doesn’t seem to be working, but hopefully I’ll get it sorted out. I think in the long run my goals with the blog require a lot of individual changes that blogger doesn’t allow. You’re pretty confined to the template which ended up being a problem for me. It’s a huge hassle to carry everything over but I know once I’ve done it all I’ll be happy!

Julie
    November 25, 2013 at 12:30 am

Great post! Wish you the best of luck! I have to remind myself when I look at others that what sounds good on paper isn’t always that amazing.

November 25, 2013 at 1:09 am

The new design is beautiful, I love it!! And thanks for moving to WordPress, selfishly it makes commenting so much easier for me and you know I love virtually chatting with you every day!

Jan @ Sprouts n Squats
    November 25, 2013 at 4:59 am

Blog looks amazing as I said in yesterday’s comment it was definitely well worth all the effort you put into it.

I am so happy as well to hear how you have changed for the better just in your own self happiness. It is funny as blogging for me has helped make me happier too but I think as it made me discover a great hobby and passion and being able to make new friends and share that passion is just such an amazing thing.

Usually I’ve felt the need to change after a break up. That was usually because I thought that if I changed this or that finally I would be happy. It took me a while to realize that you just need to be happy with exactly what you have and where you are at – which it sounds like you have figured out too.

Can’t wait to hear what all the exciting news and changes are going to be for you when the time is right to share.

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    November 25, 2013 at 5:24 am

Love the new format, it looks beautiful! I’m sure it was a stressful weekend, but hopefully well worth it for you! Happy Monday!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    November 25, 2013 at 5:56 am

I love the site! Isn’t it so annoying to not understand anything and also have the sizing and images be all off from past posts? I made the switch to self-hosted a few months ago and I swear it is a learning process everyday. I can’t center my ads and can’t adjust the old images and sometimes I just have to let it be before I go insane and throw my pretty pink laptop across the room.

kathy @ vodka and soda
    November 25, 2013 at 6:18 am

listen to me biatch, you are awesome; no ifs ands or buts about it. why do you think you’re part of #bbm2014? only the best of the best are invited so if all goes to hell – which let’s face it, sometimes life hands you a pack of shitty lemons – remember #bbm2014! when my project was going to the shits and i was busy as hell last week, all i kept on saying to myself was #BBM2014!!!!!

now that we got that straight, i LOVE the new layout. and on a more serious note, change – while scary! – can sometimes be good if not great. because if we don’t experience change, how can we grow, right? and if the change doesn’t kill you, it’ll only add to the experiences of your life OR it can be a lesson that we take and move on.

rage on for #bbm2014!

Kim @ BusyBod
    November 25, 2013 at 6:27 am

I love the redesign (and that you’re on WP now!!!) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Your self-reflection always hits so close to home for me. I know exactly what you mean about doing so much and never feeling like it’s enough, like you can just enjoy the moment you’re in instead of trying to make things even better, a little more perfect. When I look at things, including/especially my own life/personality/career/body/etc, I tend to see what can be improved. I struggle to just step back and congratulate myself, or appreciate what I have, or recognize the positive… but I’m getting better. From what I see from your own posts, you’re doing a fabulous job of embracing change and evolving. Thanks for inspiring me as always. I’m excited to see what’s in store for Davida 2.0 🙂

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    November 25, 2013 at 7:12 am

I love the new look! It’s so polished looking. Great job!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    November 25, 2013 at 7:40 am

Ahhhh I want to hug you right now. I can SO relate to this. But first of all, LOVE the new design and yay WordPress! I’m so excited to hear big things are happening for you (or at least in the works) and am very anxious to hear what’s going on. I feel like we are semi on the same page….? We love routine, change is scary but change is so, so necessary sometimes. I’m glad you are taking a leap of faith and I hope IIIII can take a leap of faith soon as well. It’s all about timing, though.

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    November 25, 2013 at 8:16 am

You are wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, and SO capable of conquering anything you choose to do! Love that you have the courage to embrace the change, and I can’t wait to follow along with the journey. I completely relate to everything you said – I, too, have had a “successful” life but only somewhat recently realized it wasn’t everything I really want. I really do wish everyone could start a blog to take advantage of the self-awareness and self-discovery that comes with it!! Speaking of the blog, it looks fantastic – so clean and professional! I am very grateful that I researched a bit and started off in WordPress so I won’t have to make the transition, but I have a very long way to go before I’m happy with it!

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    November 25, 2013 at 8:17 am

I never considered a blog change also being kind of a symbol of a personal change as well but that makes a lot of sense.

I like Davida 2.0 🙂

And don’t you just LOVE wordpress? My first blog was on blogger and while there are some parts that I definitely miss, wordpress is just so much cleaner and more professional in my opinion.

Oh, and disregard the response to you on my blog. Question answered!

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    November 25, 2013 at 8:18 am

I absolutely love the redesign. It is gorgeous! Just like you, inside and out. I cannot wait to hear what you have up your sleeve, and I wish you the most happiness. This honest post is the reason I keep coming back for me (okay, that and your pumpkin recipes hehe). Have a wonderful day!

Tiff
    November 25, 2013 at 8:32 am

Love the look! Yay for positive change and yay for blogging! Keep it up. 🙂

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    November 25, 2013 at 8:46 am

The new design is all kinds of fabulous! Congrats to switching to WordPress–I think you’ll love it! I’m so excited to follow you on your journey toward making whatever changes you’re making. You’re an amazing person so I can’t wait to see what you do!

Jackie
    November 25, 2013 at 9:22 am

It looks great! Congrats with the changes!

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    November 25, 2013 at 9:24 am

im in love with the new look and kudos for the wordpress change. i have been wanting to do that as well but im so not tech savy 🙁

Kat
    November 25, 2013 at 9:34 am

Girl I am ALWAYS thinking my life needs some changing…and I don’t think that’s a bad thing AT ALL!! Change is progression and growth, and while sometimes that can be a scary thing, I don’t think it should ever be looked at as something negative.
    And Ive been on the lookout for a new blog change as well! Sometimes its just refreshing to start a new 🙂

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    November 25, 2013 at 10:04 am

Girl, I LOVE your new design! It’s so clean and fresh and exciting and just overall wonderful!! I’m really excited to hear more about the changes that have been happening in your life and I’m glad you’re sharing them with all of us! Hope you have a fantastic week!!

Beth @ Mangoes and Miles
    November 25, 2013 at 10:18 am

CONGRATS on making the switch! It’s not easy, but once you get the hang of it and you know what you’re doing, I think it’s worth it. It gives you SO many options to really make your blog your own. Loving the design, by the way! <3

November 25, 2013 at 10:32 am

The new design looks lovely, my dear! And I can totally relate to feeling the need to change. I’m excited to see where these new decision and paths lead you!

Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen
    November 25, 2013 at 10:51 am

The new site looks great! Good call on WordPress too. I love what you said here- “Writing about my life has forced me to think a lot more about myself and the path I’ve chosen.” So very true! keep the thoughts coming girlie!

Tara
    November 25, 2013 at 10:53 am

The new blog looks amazing. So professional and verrrrry pretty and beautiful. Congrats!!! xo Tara

Mary Frances
    November 25, 2013 at 10:58 am

Everyone has said WordPress is better, but I am scared to switch:) Changing all the posts will be so time consuming; thanks for all you are doing to make this blog the best it can Davida. I love reading it! This is an incredible post, too. Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Fit & Petite
    November 25, 2013 at 10:58 am

I love the new blog design and can’t wait to hear more about the changes. Have a great Monday! 🙂

Christine@ Apple of My Eye
    November 25, 2013 at 11:12 am

The new blog design looks great! The switch is a major pain in the butt, but is totally worth it in the end 😀

November 25, 2013 at 11:29 am

The blog looks great!

Caitlin
    November 25, 2013 at 11:33 am

i’m super glad that i did my blog on wordpress from the start but wish i had been self-hosted wordpress from the start because moving it over sure was a lot! your blog looks so great.

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee
    November 25, 2013 at 11:47 am

I LOVE IT! And now I completely understand why you could have used some yoga this weekend 🙂 Davida 1.0, 1.5, 2.0… whatever number point oh is wonderful to me. I am excited to follow along on this new journey and know only amazing things are to come. Hope to see you soon! xo

Jillienne @ ChasingRaspberries
    November 25, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Love the new blog look! It’s funny how a blog can stimulate change in our lives. Sometimes embracing change is the best thing we can do!

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
    November 25, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Right now feels like that time for me. It truly does, and my plan is to wait for the semester to end and really delve in to become more of the person I want to be. Right now, I’m a stressed out college student, and wake up with reading textbooks and writing papers in my mind…leading me to not being able to fall back asleep at 5:30-6 in the morning. I know this isn’t me; during the summer and breaks, I’m myself once again! I’m excited to start posting on my blog (last post was at the end of September…insert sad face) and sharing my life!
    I LOVE YOUR NEW DESIGN! I’m hoping to get a feel for my blog design and get everything together!

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear?
    November 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I adore the change 🙂

Courtney @RunningforCupcakes
    November 25, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I LOVE your new design! It looks great and I love how it reflects changes in your life!

Leslee @ Her Happy Balance
    November 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

The new look is gorgeous! Congrats on making the switch! When I switched from wordpress.com to self-hosting it was SUPER stressful and I had pretty much zero idea what I was doing the entire time…it’s all worth it in the end. Lovely! 🙂

Ellie@Fit for the soul
    November 25, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Hehe when I first opened this page I was confused because everything looked different! But prettier and even nicer! 😀 It’s always so exciting to make these changes as stressful as they can be, huh?!

Katie @ 24 Carrot Life
    November 25, 2013 at 3:44 pm

The site looks awesome so far and I’m glad to know I wasn’t the only one going through blog hell this past week/weekend!

Lacy @ Running Limitless
    November 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Davida, this looks awesome! I started with another site and transferred to WordPress. It was the best thing I ever did. I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. I love your blog so much.

Molly @ The Happiness Recipe
    November 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I’m glad to know that it was a recent change and not something I missed in my absence from blogging. Phew! Love the new look and can’t wait to see what other changes you make! Welcome to WordPress I think you’ll like it – I do that is for sure. People change, I know I am a lot different than I was last year at this time, and I think change is usually for the better even though it can be a daunting or scary process. 🙂 You should be proud of your growth, changing personality, flexibility, and of course amazing blog.

Em @ Love A Latte
    November 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Love the change – it looks fantastic!

Kathryn @ Illustrated Nutrition
    November 25, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Welcome to WordPress! It will take some getting used to, but I promise you will love it. Love the new design as well! Change is good 🙂

Melanie @ HappyBeingHealthy
    November 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm

LOVE the new design….it looks beautiful! And, oh my gosh I know all about the headache of switching a blog over and figuring out WordPress. Holy nightmare. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Erin
    November 25, 2013 at 5:52 pm

I love the new site and your honesty, Davida! It’s all absolutely beautiful.

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    November 25, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I love the new look!!! How exciting! 🙂 I can totally understand the feeling like I need to change. I only recently finally got a place in my life where I feel like I have everything I need to be happy and while there are still things I want to accomplish, I don’t feel like I need to change anything. Except for the fact that I want to live in a warmer climate! I think it’s great that you are so self-reflective and have used this blog as a way to embrace change and push yourself towards happiness. I love coming here and learning more about you everyday!

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    November 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I worked with Julie last November – love her! And as for your life journey, I feel exactly the same way… I did everything “right” but not sure it was right for me. Oh life, why do you have to be so complicated??! 😉

November 25, 2013 at 6:40 pm

I know our ‘blendship’ is often full of sarcasm and digs at one another but honestly Davida- this change on the blog is just the icing on the personal changes you have going on and will continue to go through- I can’t wait to follow your change- and whether it comes with rough patches or roadblocks, you’ve already proven you can overcome them with gusto. 🙂

Now for some digs- In honour of your country’s most famous show ‘Whatever it takes, I know I can make it through.’ …Can’t believe Im part admitting to watching Degrassi back in the day.

Paige@FitNotFad
    November 25, 2013 at 7:03 pm

LOVE the new look! Congrats and definitely embrace the change 🙂

Steph
    November 25, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Love the new site, and your blog of course! I love WordPress too, have since the start 😀

zozo
    November 25, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Looks good!! Love this post. I can only to keep up with my blogging and have it be such a powerful/positive influence on my life as well. 🙂
    atelier zozo

Sarah @ My (Mostly) Healthy Life
    November 25, 2013 at 9:13 pm

OMG Girl I’m so proud of youuuu!! You’ve blossomed before my eyes! You’re totally a blogging rock star and I’m so envious of how great and amazing and popular you’ve gotten! Totally deserved ;). Love you!

November 25, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Way to embrace change!!!
    I can’t wait to follow along with all of your changes!
    And, your site is looking great!

November 25, 2013 at 9:38 pm

This post didn’t show up in my reader… weird! I’m glad I saw it on Twitter. 😉

Basically I just want to say I love this! I think everyone gets to a point in their life where they want to make changes in one way or another, but it can be scary. I can definitely relate – changing degrees was a huge leap, but I’m forever thankful that I decided to take that chance. Whatever new path you’re on, I wish you luck and I can’t wait to read all about it! <3

Sarah Pie
    November 25, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Cheers to you for taking the plunge and making a change! I for one love the new layout, it’s very clean and fresh. I also love that you’re doing something that scares you a bit by going off and trying new things (it’s good for the soul) 🙂

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    November 25, 2013 at 10:26 pm

OMGEEEEE! I had to do a double take because I thought I was on someone else’s blog!! Thank you so much for transferring, I won’t lie to you, as much as I ADORE your web site, your old site was VERY SLOW to load on my computers!!! This one is a BREEZE!!!

November 26, 2013 at 12:21 am

Good for you love!! You’re so right, it’s NEVER too late to make a change towards a happier, therefore healthier, you! I’m with you on blog backend stuff driving you nuts — it bugs me to no end when I can’t figure out how to make something work right!

Melissa @ Fit 'n' Well Mommy
    November 26, 2013 at 12:56 am

I love the new design! Change is definitely not easy. I’m definitely one for predictability and sticking to a routine, so change is always hard for me. But, like others have said, you have to trust yourself and just go for it. If you don’t take risks, then what is life about?

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    November 26, 2013 at 6:13 am

Oh girl the hassle was totally worth it. Your new design looks awesome and I bet you will love all the different opportunities wordpress offers once you figured them out. I am still making adjustments to my blog on a regular base and coding can be a pain in the a**. But when it all turns out as you wished for, you are so happy to see things made with your own hands coming out of your own mind. Good luck with Healthy Maven 2.0, I cannot wait to see what else is yet to come!

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    November 26, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love the new look! Im in the process of switching my blog over to self hosted right now, and it makes me a bit nervous that I’m going to do something wrong.

Parita @ myinnershakti
    November 26, 2013 at 9:35 am

Love the message behind this post AND your new design! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for The Healthy Maven 2.0!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    November 26, 2013 at 11:47 am

You remind me of me…change is scary for me too, even the good change. It’s something I continue to struggle with but thankfully my husband is a huge support system. I’m loving the new blog format! 🙂 Looks g-r-e-a-t! (sorry, channeling Tony the Tiger…if you remember him from the old cereal commercials 😉 )
    Kudos to you for embracing change!

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake
    November 26, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I love the new look. Its really fresh.
    I’m totally the same as you, I’ve always hated change, but recently, I’ve started to embrace change as well.
    Thank you for sharing, Davida.

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    November 26, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I love love love love the new design so much! So worth the hassle! c:

Nikki@will run for pizza
    November 26, 2013 at 5:24 pm

LOVE the new design! So clean! And love the changes and growth you have been experiencing! It’s also a confidence boost when you can look back and see the changes that you have gone through that have made you better. Whether they are good or bad experiences, they all change us and have the ability to take us to a new level, a new us, an improved us.

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    November 26, 2013 at 5:24 pm

So happy to see this! I love the change and can’t wait to see what’s in store for you next..I can already see the skies opening up for you 😀 #ShineBright x

Lindsay @ Lindsay Weighs In
    November 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I love the new design! It looks fantastic! 🙂

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    November 27, 2013 at 10:17 am

Beautiful post!
    Loved it!

Vicky and Ruth / May I Have That Recipe?
    November 27, 2013 at 1:02 pm

First of all Congrats on your new site. It looks fantastic. We switched over last year and we can totally relate to the small details that need to be adjusted after a switch. Change is good, it is hard, but good and it requires courage and introspection. So glad your blog was a vehicle for it. You are doing a great job!

Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal
    November 27, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Not sure what your site looked like before but I love this one! I totally agree that starting with wordpress from the beginning is the way to go!

Chai a Cup of Life
    November 28, 2013 at 3:37 am

Wonderful post Davida! Looking forward to hearing about all the new changes. I also used to be on blogspot and made the change to wordpress and I wish I did it earlier!!

November 28, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Being open to change is really the first step to being able to grow. I know it’s not always easy, especially for someone who embraces routine and structure (believe me; I get it!), so kudos to you for being open to it in the first place. I can’t wait to see what changes you bring, in addition to the new blog layout. It looks great.

Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad - The Healthy Maven
    December 5, 2013 at 5:00 am

[…] out. I’m just not the kind of person who handles failure in stride. But in my attempts to embrace change I’ve learned that growth only happens when you step outside of your comfort zone. I know this […]

{MIMM} Weekend Recap 12/06-12/08 - The Healthy Maven
    December 8, 2013 at 10:32 pm

[…] So crazy that it has gotten to a point where I’ve needed to make some changes. I’ve alluded to these changes before but it’s about time I come clean on them, or at least one of them. So here […]

Kaitlin
    December 9, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I think moving to New York was a huge change for me. I know most people stick around their college friends and even college town once they graduate, but I felt this need to get away and start something new. I think I’ve been able to reevaluate some things about myself and my life and it’s a continuous process for sure. Love your new design! Is it self-hosted?

Almond Butter Hemp Seed Cookies - The Healthy Maven
    April 19, 2015 at 5:00 am

[…] few years ago, the thought of change and anything new scared the bajeeeezus out of me. PROOF. But I’ve made it my life mission to tackle that fear and somewhere along the way it became […]