Spice up your dinners with this herby and flavorful Chimichurri Braised Short-Ribs recipe. It makes an easy weekday dinner or fancy recipe for guests and requires less work to cook than you think!
The former is due to the fact that I am bat-shit crazy and take on far more work than one person can handle. I have no excuses for the latter…hence today’s post.
Fortunately a solution for increasing both time and my short-rib consumption magically appeared in the form of a place I’m quite certain you’ve all heard me go on and on about already: The Healthy Butcher.
If you actually read these posts (I’ve always been curious how many of you actually read…) you’ve heard me talk about The Healthy Butcher. This place is my mecca for all things meat and if I need a meal on the run I can always count on them for healthy eats. I’m also obsessed with the team and by now they pretty much all know me. I’m also certain they think I’m crazy because I engage in long drawn out conversations with all of them. Oh the woes of working at home alone…
While I LOVE my visits to THB, I don’t always have time to go grocery shopping and the Queen Street location, which I go to isn’t all that big so it usually means I have to pay a visit to another store to pick up other ingredients.
But in true THB fashion, they developed a service to solve this problem entirely: Real Food Toronto.
Real Food Toronto is the grocery delivery service run by The Healthy Butcher. While they do sell every type of meat under the sun, they also offer a full array of grocery options from organic fruits and veggies to pantry staples. You can 100% do your entire grocery haul for the week online.
I’ll be honest, I was a little wary of jumping on the grocery delivery train at first. I am one of those weird people who actually enjoys the process of grocery shopping. I like having a conversation with my butcher about where my meat is coming from or when the avocados arrived at the grocery store. I’m also incredibly inspired by seeing beautiful food laid out in front of me. I’ve yet to leave a grocery store without at least 3 new recipe ideas in mind.
But with THM, The Blogger Project AND SHEuncovered, I’m not left with much time to actually live the healthy lifestyle I preach here on the blog. I’m usually not down for cutting corners when it comes to this stuff, but I have to say that I am SO happy I did.
Real Food Toronto is amazing. They have EVERYTHING online that I could ever want and is delivered the next day. Just like The Healthy Butcher team, the Real Food Toronto team is knowledgeable, friendly and always on their game. It’s also meant that my life isn’t so short on time or short-ribs anymore. Hell. Yeah.
I’m so excited to be teaming up with them to bring Real Food recipes to both their community and my own. Get ready for many more Real Food Toronto recipes coming your way!Print
Chimichurri Braised Short-Ribs
- 8 beef short ribs
- 2 Cups Flat-Leaf Parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh Oregano leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tablespoon
To make the chimichurri sauce:
- Add parsley, organic and garlic to a food processor and pulse several times (alternatively you can chop everything very finely if you don’t have a food processor)
- Add in apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes and extra virgin olive oil.
- Set aside chimichurri sauce.
To make the ribs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add one tablespoon to a skillet over medium-high heat and sear each rib for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place in a bake-safe dish and coat with half of chimichurri sauce. Cover with top or tinfoil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip with tongs.
- Bake for another 45 minutes covered.
- Remove from oven and top with additional chimichurri sauce (you may have a bit leftover).
- Serve warm.
Do you ever get your groceries delivered? Torontonians, have you tried out Real Food Toronto yet? DO IT.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!