We had friends over for dinner tonight. Everything was put together pretty last minute (aka last night) and so I needed to whip something up quickly and easily. Normally when we host people I am on dessert duty. Since most of the time I am cooking for myself and my family I try to keep things healthy, but when other people come over it’s my chance to get into the good stuff. Butter, sugar, cream, all things wonderful! Problem was dinner was put together so last minute I didn’t have time to go food shopping.
What’s a girl to do? Why raw raspberry lemon “cheese”cake of course! I fortunately had plenty of nuts and dates which makes up the bulk of the recipe and I also happened to have some raspberries and a Costco-sized bag of lemons on hand. The challenge was to make a healthy dessert taste equally as delicious as some of my other decadent treats. I would definitely say I succeeded. Win!
Raw Raspberry Lemon “Cheese”cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours, longer is better
- juice of 4 large lemons
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup raw honey (Vegans use agave)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (strawberries also work well)
- Place nuts and dates in a food processor with sea salt and pulse to chop until they are finely processed (should stick together if you squeeze with hand)
- Scoop out crust mixture in a large spring-form pan (at least 9 inch), and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is even. Place crust in freezer while you make the filling. Clean food processor.
- Warm coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid. Stir until combined
- In the food processor place all filling ingredients (except raspberries) and blend on high until very smooth (about 5 minutes). Scrape down sides as needed
- Pour about 2/3 of the mixture out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Add the raspberries to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Pour onto the first layer of filling. Place in freezer until solid.
- To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating and top with fresh berries.
- Serving Size: 15-20
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!