I’ve already declared my love for Bare Apple Chips once before but I think it’s necessary I say it again. I LOVE THESE CHIPS. There must be crack in them because I am totally addicted. I know Amanda and Arman agree. The problem? The price tag. At the rate I am eating them-and I can down a bag in under 5 minutes-the $4 price tag just doesn’t fly. It was necessary I take things into my own hands (or kitchen) and recreate this deliciousness at home.
Besides finding a cheap way to satisfy my apple chip addiction, these are also the perfect candidate for Amy’s Fruit & Veggie of the Month Link-Up. I’ll be honest, in the delirious state I’ve been in this past week I completely forgot about it. I think the fact that I posted a week early for the last month’s link-up makes up for my posting a week late for this month’s right? Forgive me Amy! Looking forward to seeing everyone else’s apple and pepper creations!
Serving size: 1-2
- 2 apples (I used McIntosh)
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees F.
- Core apples and slice thinly.
- Place thinly sliced apples on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Sprinkle apples with cinnamon.
- Bake apples for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and flip apples. Sprinkle other side with cinnamon.
- Bake for another hour.
- Leave apples in oven but turn the oven off and allow them to cool completely inside oven. At least 1-2 hours. They will crisp up in this time.
- Store in an airtight container.
Is there a snack you spend way too much money on? What’s your favourite way to eat apples?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!