My name is Davida and I am addicted to cornbread. A recipe needs to be mind-blowingly good (I’m not including oatmeal) for me to make it twice. I’m going on 3 with this one. And it’s healthy, which makes me feel awesome when I slather it with honey or cheese.
Serves: 12 slices
- 2 flax eggs (2 T ground flax mixed with 6 T water)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 T baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (applesauce and mashed banana also work)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 x 4 loaf pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Make flax eggs and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, brown rice flour, coconut palm sugar xanthan gum, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- n a separate bowl combine pumpkin, almond milk and flax egg.
- Slowly incorporate wet mixture into dry.
- Add mixture to loaf pan and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Let cool for at least 20 mins in pan before removing and letting cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!