Remember that time I recapped how much poor C suffers being in a relationship with me? Well I mentioned how I insisted on reminding him every 10 seconds that the salmon he was eating was fresh. I rarely splurge on fresh fish (when it isn’t on sale), but when I do you better bet I’m gonna tell you allllll about it. What I failed to mention was how when I got home from the store my motivation to cook was at an all-time low.
This is sooooo typical. I spend way too money at the grocery store only to come home and be too lazy to cook. I have high standards so if I know I’m gonna half-ass a meal, I’d rather just order in from one of the 100000 restaurants around me.
But not this time! NO! I was determined to make a minimal effort meal that tasted as legit as it cost. I threw some rice in the rice cooker, chopped up some brocs and then proceeded to stare at the beautiful salmon trying to decide what to do with it for a solid 5 minutes. I decided to squeeze a lemon over it but quickly got sucked in by Game of Thrones and totally forgot about the fish.
An hour later I returned to the kitchen and had a slight freak-out that I forgot about the salmon before ransacking my spice cupboard for what to put on it. My brain power was minimal so I stuck to a basic Italian seasoning blend and was a little heavy handed. 500 degrees and 10 minutes later DELICIOUS salmon!
Then C reminded me I used salt and pepper and those technically count as ingredients too. Dreams shattered! Here I was thinking I was the queen of 3 ingredient salmon when in reality it was 5. I’m choosing to ignore salt and pepper for today because that’s basically like counting oxygen as an ingredient. I don’t care what you say, this is 3 ingredient salmon!
Serving size: 4
- 1.5 lbs of fresh salmon (cut into 4 pieces)
- juice ½ large lemon (at least ¼ cup)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place salmon a shallow pan and squeeze lemon juice over pieces. Make sure each piece is coated.
- Let marinate in fridge for 1 hour (optional but if you have the time let it marinate)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place salmon pieces, skin side down on a parchment lined baking sheet or pan.
- Cover each piece with italian seasoning and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 mins.
- Serve immediately.