A super easy recipe for delicious cold summer gazpacho that requires only one gadget, a blender! This easy blender gazpacho makes a healthy appetizer all summer long.
People who know me well know how much I love a good challenge. On some level blogging has become “easy” for me now which is probably why I find myself trying to spew out an ebook in 7 weeks and enter the world of video blogging. Easy just ain’t my thang.
This can sometimes be tough when developing content for your blog (by this I mean random recipes popping into my head as I hurriedly type them out onto stickies on my computer) since 90% of the people coming to a recipe blog aren’t exactly looking for an ingredient list with 12 difference types of spices and instructions requiring multiple electronics and a whole lot of patience. But because I am a major sicko, I seem to get off on these things.
I actually have to remind myself to create recipes that can be made by the average cook i.e. can be done blind-folded, upside down with one arm. I’m exaggerating! I know (think) you’re not that bad in the kitchen…Now I do my best to save those recipes for when I need a good stress relief activity. Please don’t ask me why torturing myself in the kitchen is somehow a stress reliever.
If you’re a very keen THM follower, you may have noticed that recipes around here have been somewhat easier in the past 6 months. This is intentional and has surprisingly become something I am okay with. Mostly because it has freed up a lot of time allowing me to marathon old-school episodes of The Real World. As it turns out, not using every ingredient in your pantry is not the worst thing!
But I do have one qualm. While this gazpacho is stupidly easy I can think of one alternative which is significantly easier, having someone else make it for you. That’s the thing, when recipes are designated as “easy” a part of me knows that having Sushi & Bento on my speed dial requires even less effort. Especially when your wonderful boyfriend is the one going to pick it up.
Nevertheless, if you do find yourself with the inclination to take the slightly-more-challenging-than-ordering-in route, I highly suggest you make this gazpacho. Plus who doesn’t love being able to eat cold soup in the summer? There’s something in those novelties 😉
Serving size: 4-6
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Add half of cucumber, half of each pepper and half of onion to a blender (or food processor) and blend until veggies are finely chopped.
- Remove from blender and set aside.
- Add remainder of cucumber, peppers, and onion and all tomatoes and hot pepper to blender and blend until finely chopped. Add in tomato juice and blend until smooth.
- Add in red wine vinegar, sea salt and ground pepper and blend to combine.
- Add tomato mixture to chopped veggies and stir until well combined to form a thick, chunky soup.
- Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to let flavours meld.
- Will keep for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.