Oatmeal meets pancakes with The Fluffiest Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes. These pancakes are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and high in protein but are the most delicious, fluffiest pancakes you will ever eat. They will quickly become a weekend brunch recipe staple!
It happens all too frequently that there’s a recipe I make all the time but it never seems to make its way onto the blog. Sometimes it’s because I’m lazy, sometimes it’s because I think you guys may not like it, and sometimes it’s because I’m too damn hungry to set up a photoshoot.
The latter is precisely the case with these pancakes.
Pancakes are easy to make (once you get the flip down, which only took me 24 years to master!) but can be impossible to photograph. Ironically, I probably have more pancake recipes on THM than any other kind of recipes.
The part that stopped me from sharing these pancakes, which are by far the most common in our little casa is that I usually need to dig in right away. I obviously feel this way about all of my recipe, but one of my tricks to not eating my subject is to always eat something else before I shoot.
However, because pancakes are reserved for the weekend when they’re the first thing I eat when I wake up I never get a chance to eat before shooting. And I would probably keel over and die if I attempted the “syrup pour” while hangry.
Ninja skills are required to get that kind of shot.
Then one day I realized if I made a double batch, ate, threw the other half in the oven and then photographed AFTER eating, I might be able to finally share THE FLUFFIEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes with all of you!
That sounds dirty.
Anyway, he apprehensively agreed (bribery with pancakes is key folks!) and helped me pull off the pancake syrup pour GIF I’ve been dreaming about in my head for 2 years now. Certainly a step up from that time I literally drowned my pancakes and completely missed the mark.
It also means I can finally share the best pancakes ever with you! DIG.IN.
Serves: 8 pancakes
- 2 cups oat flour (ground up oats)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T maple syrup + more for topping, if desired
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips)
- coconut oil for pan
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl combine greek yogurt, almond milk, egg, vanilla extract and 1 T maple syrup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- If batter is too thick add in a bit more almond milk.
- Spray or melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add a 1/3 cup of batter to form pancakes.
- Cook until all bubbles have popped (about 3 mins) & flip over for 1 min. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves.