A quick and easy tutorial teaching you how to grill avocados plus a life-changing recipe for grilled avocado toast. Your life will never be the same once you discover the glory of grilled avocados!
I dropped the ball on my Healthy How-To series in June. I was devastated for a second but then I realized that a) none of you cared and b) I have this tutorial and recipe to make up for it. Sometimes the best things in life are worth waiting for. You’re welcome.
June was a crazy month. My lack of posting is evidence of that. Care for further evidence? Have a look to see the number of times I ate avocado toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner in June on Instagram. It’s a lot.
Because when you’re short on time and overwhelmed on life the only answer is Avocado Toast.
Eating it everyday forces you to get creative with your avocado toast variations. In the last month I’ve done everything from hemp seeds, to peaches to dill pickle avocado toast. None have been anything less than stellar. But by far the winner has to be Grilled Avocado Toast. Because the only thing better than avocados plain and simple are barbecued avocados.
Minus the fact that Jess and I nearly burned our eyebrows off during our little maven grill sesh, grilling avocados is WAY easier than you think. I almost feel bad posting this as a recipe…but since you’re kind of getting two for the price of one I will probably still sleep tonight.
Be prepared for the epic number of ways you will find yourself eating grilled avocados. In just one weekend I ate this avocado toast (twice), threw some on top of this Southwestern Quinoa Salad, with poached eggs for Saturday morning brunch and just straight-up coated in sriracha because I’m classy like that.
So heat up those BBQs or grill-pans and grab yo’ Avocados from Mexico because you’re about to experience the greatest thing since sliced bread.
…sliced bread + grilled avocado.
(Cue NYC restaurant selling this recipe for $30 a pop)
Okay let’s be real, I’d sell my dignity and then some for a piece of avocado toast. And so would you.
Serves: 3 grilled avocados or 6 pieces of toast
- 3 ripe avocados
- olive oil
- Heat up your BBQ or grill-pan to medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Brush inside half of each avocado lightly with olive oil.
- Place face down on BBQ or grill-pan for about 5 minutes (BBQ temps vary). Press down occasionally to ensure grill marks are created and heat penetrates.
- Using tongs remove from grill and set aside until ready to eat.
- Scoop out flesh from avocados and place in a large bowl.
- Juice limes into bowl and using the back of a fork or a potato masher, mash up avocados until chunky but spreadable.
- Toast bread (if desired) and top with avocado-lime mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes if using.
- Eat immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written on behalf of my ongoing partnership with Avocados from Mexico Canada. All content and creative direction are entirely my own… not that it was hard considering I’m certifiably obsessed with avocados.