- 3/4 cup cup diet dr. pepper or diet ginger ale
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (I use Cloud 9 Bakery)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 T freshly grated ginger
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 X 4 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Bring the diet drink to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda (mixture will foam up).
- When foaming subsides, stir in molasses and coconut palm sugar. Set mixture aside.
- Whisk the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, pepper and salt together in a large bowl.
- Transfer the diet drink-molasses mixture to a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs, applesauce, and grated ginger until combined.
- Whisk the wet mixture into the flour mixture in thirds, stirring continuously until completely smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and gently tap the bottom of the pan against a hard surface to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake until the top of the loaf is just firm to the touch, about 35-40 minutes.
- Leave loaf in pan until cool, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from pan.
- Store leftovers in plastic wrap or tinfoil at room temperature for 3-5 days.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!