Get into the season of giving by whipping up this DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub. With just 6 ingredients and one bowl you can throw together this sugar scrub in minutes making it the perfect (and quick!) DIY holiday present from family and friends.
Just 6 Ingredients – Straight From Your Kitchen!
This recipe is so good you can actually eat it! Trust me – I’ve tried.
- brown sugar (or coconut sugar!)
- coconut oil
- spices – cinnamon, ginger, cloves
What is a sugar scrub?
For the longest time I had never heard of a sugar scrub or known why to use a sugar scrub. But one time C and I treated ourselves to a stay at a nice hotel and they had homemade sugar scrub in all the bathrooms. I brought some into the shower with me and O-M-G my body had never felt so smooth.
Body scrubs help exfoliate dead skin cells from our body. This gingerbread sugar scrub helps with cell renewal and gives you that “soft as a baby’s bum” feeling…but everywhere! You can use a sugar scrub all over your body from your feet to your legs, your torso and your arms. You can even use it down there to prevent ingrown hairs (yup! for real).
The only place I wouldn’t recommend using it is in your underarms as I find that skin can be quite sensitive.
I recommend using this gingerbread scrub at least once a week for best results. Scrubbing in the shower tends to be the best for easy clean-up. You can use this on wet or dry skin.
How Long Will This Homemade Body Scrub Last for?
I find this gingerbread sugar scrub will last for a couple of months in a sealed mason jar though to be honest, it’s usually gone for me in a few weeks. Depending on how much of your body you scrub and how much you use, you should get 3-6 uses out of this recipe, but feel free to double or triple – especially if gifting to friends and family.Print
Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
This 100% natural and food grade gingerbread sugar scrub is made entirely from ingredients straight from your kitchen. Ready in 5 minutes and prepared all in one bowl, this body scrub makes an easy holiday gift for yourself or family and friends.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 16 oz mason jar 1x
- 1 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a large bowl.
- Top with coconut oil and molasses
- Using the back of a fork mash the wet ingredients into the dry to make a crumbly mixture. Depending on how solid the coconut oil is, you may need to use your hands.
- Place scrub into a mason jar with a secure lid. Will last for several months in a cool location
- On wet or dry skin, apply scrub liberally all over body.
- Scrub into skin to remove dead skin cells.
- Wash off completely.
*Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Like this gingerbread sugar scrub? Here are a few other DIYs you might enjoy:
- How to make Homemade Rosewater
- Homemade Aromatherapy Candles
- DIY Homemade Natural Deodorant
- DIY Yoga Mat Spray
WANT MORE HEALTHY LIVING TIPS? Join the THM Community!
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive info about healthy living, products I'm loving and tips and tricks on making a healthy lifestyle easier and sustainable.