As a healthy paleo breakfast or snack, these Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins will become a summer staple all season long! Enjoy fresh or freeze for later
Pretty much the last thing I should be doing right now is posting about these Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. But I found myself with a compulsive need to share, so here I am. What I really should be doing is tackling the monstrous (never-ending) to-do list I have in front of me. Let’s discuss…
What I forgot to mention in Wednesday’s post on the cons of blogging is how it is often difficult to find a good work-life balance. Any blogger will admit that there is always more to be done. I can’t say that in the year and a half that I’ve been blogging that I have ever been able to cross off everything on my to-do list or if I have there is a descent chance my social life/relationships/personal hygiene has suffered. It ain’t pretty…
Instead of writing this post I should be packing because I leave tomorrow (today) for Boston and I have yet to put in any thought on what I should bring. I probably shouldn’t be studying up on backlit photography because that definitely is not a priority. P.S. This was my first backlit photo-shoot, thoughts?! Instead of writing this post I should probably hit the gym or at the very least get outside because my sole activity this was has been walking to and from the grocery store. I definitely shouldn’t be procrastinating by watching The Mindy Project on Netflix.
More than anything I should probably be sleeping because well, I haven’t done that in a while…But lucky for me I will be taking the next 5 days off and while I suspect I won’t be getting much sleep, I am returning to my second home which is always a soul-refresher. Perhaps this massive migraine I’ve had for the last week might disappear! *crossing fingers*
Due to this lack of time, I am keeping things brief. I am also killing two birds with one stone by making a delicious paleo muffin recipe for you guys while simultaneously feeding my camp friends some hidden zucchini during what will likely be a weekend of debauchery. On that note, it’s time for me to check-out! I’ll be popping in sporadically, but for the most part I’ll be disconnecting and enjoying some R&R with my besties and family. Have a wonderful weekend 🙂Print
Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 2 cups almond meal*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large zucchini (about 1 cup), grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Place grated zucchini between two layers of paper towel or a dish towel and squeeze out liquid.
- Add zucchini to wet mixture.
- Combine wet mixture with dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or place a muffin liner in each and distribute batter evenly between cups.
- Bake for 25 mins or until tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
*Cashew flour or other nut flour also works.
What should you be doing right now? (Besides reading THM of course!!) Any big plans for the weekend?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!