drinks gluten-free vegan

Apple Spiced Mimosas

December 28, 2014

A festive cocktail recipe for New Years, brunch or your next dinner party, these Apple Spiced Mimosas will please any crowd! Plus they’re super easy.

You know you’re getting old when you would much prefer to day drink with ALL the apple spiced mimosas and get in bed early than hit the town. You also know you’re getting old when you catch yourself saying things like “I just want a low-key New Years” and “I’d be okay with going to bed before midnight”.

Apple Spiced Mimosas- a festive cocktail recipe for New Years, brunch or your next dinner party!A year ago I’m not so sure I’d say the same thing. Actually, I’d probably be down for the day drinking. I mean mimosas people…As for the quiet New Years, well this is a new revelation.

I’ve had my fair share of crazy NYEs. Ones that I straight-up don’t remember, ones that I wish I could forget and ones that I’d like to remember forever. I’ve worn the sparkly dress, the fancy heels and may or may not have sported a snuggie one year. But this year I’d like to wear my sweats, drink lots of champagne (mimosas included!) but still wake up with a clear mind ready to kick 2015 off to an epic start

Apple Spiced Mimosas- a festive cocktail recipe for New Years, brunch or your next dinner party!A part of me feels kind of lame but that part of me is quite small and is quickly reminded of the absurd amount of money spent on event tickets, the hell of trying to catch a cab at any point that night and the pressure to look your best. I’m not about to say “I’m over New Years”, because that’s even more lame than not actually participating and because 90% of my friends will still be partying but I guess the lack of preparation on my part to plan anything is a sign that I just don’t care that much.

I’m ready for 2015 to get here, but I’m not about to throw it down just to honour its arrival. Wow I sound like a Debby Downer. This might have something to do with the fact that 2015 marks the year I enter my late 20s, and that my friends gives me far more anxiety than NYE.

Apple Spiced Mimosas- a festive cocktail recipe for New Years, brunch or your next dinner party!Just as a sidenote, C just asked me what this post was about and when I told him NYE to which he expressed “yeah, it’s a great excuse to stay up late. We can watch the sunrise!”. Um no.

Apple Spiced Mimosas

PREP TIME 5 mins

• 2 champagne flutes
  • 1 bottle of champagne (you won't use the whole bottle)
  • 1 1/4 cups no-sugar-added apple juice
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)

For sugar rim

• 1 1/4 tsp coconut palm sugar
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

1. In a large bowl combine apple juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  2. On a small plate combine sugar rim ingredients.
  3. Dip edge of each champagne flutes lightly into apple juice.
  4. Roll in a circular motion around edge of flutes.
  5. Divide apple juice mixture evenly amongst flutes (about 1/2 flute each) and top with champagne.
  6. Serve immediately.

a festive cocktail recipe for New Years, brunch or your next dinner party, these Apple Spiced Mimosas will please any crowd! Plus they're super easy.What are your New Years plans? Are you hitting the town or keeping things low-key?

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    December 28, 2014 at 9:53 am

These little everythings are everything I want and more for NYE. You know you’re old when you’d rather drink apple mimosas and eat plates on plates of yummy appetizers than go wait in line for crowded bars. Cheers to 2015, my love!

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
    December 28, 2014 at 10:05 am

Happy New Years! This looks like a great cocktail. I have had some crazy NYEs too, but now I like them a bit calmer. Lol. Enjoy the rest of the holidays!
    Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted…5 Workout Challenge Ideas

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    December 28, 2014 at 10:21 am

Yum! I love mimosas and these look so fun. We stayed in last year and got in the hot tub and drank champagne. At first I felt super lame that we weren’t going out, but it ended up being really fun.
    This year I think we’ll go out, but nowhere crazy. There’s a great bar across the street from our neighborhood that has a band, so we’ll probably head there.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Christmas 2014

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    December 28, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Dude, I fell asleep before midnight one year when I was 20. TWENTY. I have been old for a long time but I’m pretty ok with it. I hope you get your relaxed New Years!

These look amazing. I fully support your day drinking 😉
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…flourless sesame anise cookies

December 28, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Pretty pictures! I actually haven’t had any mimosas yet this holiday season. Happy New Year, you New Year’s grinch! Haha, I kid… NYE can be way overrated! My family is actually headed out to the west coast, so I’ll be spending the holiday having a hibachi dinner and drinks with them!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…Home for the Holidays {Christmas Week Recap}

Sarah Pie
    December 28, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Yum! These look beautiful. We’re actually going out this year for the first time in a few years, not gonna lie I’m not looking forward to the whole fancy party thing haha

December 28, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I’m pretty sure my invite got lost in the mail because I thought we had a pact not to drink mimosa without one another. We’ll just ignore that one I had on Christmas morning. It doesn’t count, but these totally do. Now pass me that cocktail please.

December 28, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Haha the last time I was up late enough to see the sunrise, I was 20. I’d like to keep it that way.

We’re going to Niagara Falls with a bunch of friends for dinner and fireworks on NYE. I’ll try to keep my eyes open long enough to see midnight, but no guarantees haha.
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…A perfectly imperfect Christmas

December 28, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Yum – I love mimosas!!
    Even if you don’t stay up for to ring in the new year I hope it is a great start to a new year for you!!!
    Kim recently posted…Accepting Limitations (12/14 – 12/20)

Alysia @ Slim Sanity
    December 28, 2014 at 10:19 pm

You may have convinced me to drink on NYE.

Ha. Like I needed convincing. Love this twist on mimosas!
    Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted…Weekly Meal Plan: December 28 – January 3

December 29, 2014 at 2:12 am

Love the day time drinking. Or 4pm drinking. You’re a classic.

Actually hitting the town this year and praying for a pre 4am bed time.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Top 10 Reader’s Favourite Recipes + Blogger Survey Link up

Les | Balanced Berry
    December 29, 2014 at 2:34 am

Amen to feeling old girl – I’m feeling the same way about New Year’s. BUT old or not, I am definitely loving this recipe…I’m feeling a little been there done that about OJ mimosas. These apple mimosas sound wonderful 🙂
    Les | Balanced Berry recently posted…NYE Recipes: Spinach, Kale & Artichoke Dip and Champagne Truffles

Renee @ Bendiful Blog
    December 29, 2014 at 8:32 am

Ohhhh Fun! I’m a low key queen when it comes to New Year. I’m normally in bed by 10pm making me extra not exciting. These drinks sounds lovely though and perfect for staying fancy at home!
    Renee @ Bendiful Blog recently posted…Meatless Monday {Recipe Round Up 2014}

Lori @ TheHealthMinded.com
    December 29, 2014 at 8:48 am

I love simple, pretty cocktails like this! I can handle making this and love apple with a bubble or two! And, no worries about getting older! You are so young and it only gets better! Really! Happy New Year!
    Lori @ TheHealthMinded.com recently posted…Health Clicks: Reader’s Favorite Health Tips and Strategies

Heather Mason
    December 29, 2014 at 12:59 pm

mmm, these look yummy! Never thought of adding apple juice to champagne, but why not? I like any drink that has cinnamon and sugar around the rim!
    Heather Mason recently posted…Sweet and Salty Glazed Pecans

Nora (A Clean Bake)
    December 29, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Oh man, I am so with you. I’d rather day drink and go to bed early any day! If that makes me old, so be it, because I’ve always been old at heart. Happy new year, and cheers!!

Christine @ Ciao Veggie
    December 31, 2014 at 11:03 am

These look amazing! My hubby hates New Years so we almost always stay home, and I get the worst FOMO because we live in London so epic parties are happening all around, and the underground runs all night for the one and only time each year, and I feel so judged when people ask when we’re up to and I say “staying home” even though I do secretly kind of like staying home so… oh so much angst!… so this whole comment thread pleases me. Very much. Happy new year! 🙂
    Christine @ Ciao Veggie recently posted…cheeseboard leftovers slow cooker macaroni & cheese

Link Love #68 | Barr & Table
    January 6, 2015 at 4:06 am

[…] Double Chocolate Dunked Cookies – Peachy Palate Apple Spiced Mimosas – The Healthy Maven One-Pan Baked Champagne Cream Sauce Fettuccine with Truffle Oil – […]