breakfast gluten-free paleo smoothies snacks vegan

Mango Almond Butter Smoothie

May 24, 2015

Start your day with this creamy and delicious Mango Almond Butter Smoothie. Made with frozen mango, banana, almond butter and milk and protein powder this smoothie will keep you full for hours!

Start your day with this creamy and delicious Mango Almond Butter Smoothie. Made with frozen mango, banana, almond butter and milk and protein powder this breakfast smoothie recipe will keep you full for hours!I’ve always prided myself on my self-awareness. I’m very conscious of my personality traits and habits, both good and bad.

…or so I thought.

My whole life I was convinced I was a linear, analytical thinker. I find comfort in routine and predictability. Imagination? What’s that?

I have to laugh as I write out these thoughts on my BLOG that forces me to be the exact opposite of who I thought I was, every single day.

Start your day with this creamy and delicious Mango Almond Butter Smoothie. Made with frozen mango, banana, almond butter and milk and protein powder this breakfast smoothie recipe will keep you full for hours!The last two years of my life have been one of extreme self-discovery. It turns out that the person who I thought I was, was actually who I thought I wanted to be. I misinterpreted creativity for impracticality and believed my only path to happiness was to follow the paved road with signs directing me exactly where to go.

I could not have been more wrong.

That road less travelled? It’s pretty bad-ass and as it turns out, far more conducive to my daily happiness.

I was with my brother the other day and we were chatting about creativity and how it’s more present in our family than we used to believe. He’s an incredibly talented musician and I like to make art with my food. There’s so many creative personality traits in the rest of my family as well.

Yet somehow I spent the majority of my life thinking I was the opposite of creative.

Start your day with this creamy and delicious Mango Almond Butter Smoothie. Made with frozen mango, banana, almond butter and milk and protein powder this breakfast smoothie recipe will keep you full for hours!I guess what I’m trying to say here is that you don’t have to be who you think you are. Just because you’ve defined yourself in some capacity doesn’t mean you are obligated to be that person.

If you want to experiment in the kitchen, play around with almond butter swirls in your smoothie, or do whatever crazy/unrealistic/freaking awesome activity you feel a calling to do, go do it! Be open-minded to trying out things that go beyond your comfort zone and challenge your self-identity. You never know what you’ll find.

Mango Almond Butter Smoothie

Cook Time 5 mins

• 1 cup frozen mango
  • 1/2 frozen banana, sliced
  • 1/2 cup almond milk*
  • 1 T almond butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • optional: 2 cups spinach for an extra veggie boost.

1. Combine all ingredients in your blender.
  2. Drink immediately.

Notes

*This smoothie is thick so if you prefer to drink with a straw rather than eat with a spoon add a bit more almond milk.

Start your day with this creamy and delicious Mango Almond Butter Smoothie. Made with frozen mango, banana, almond butter and milk and protein powder this breakfast smoothie recipe will keep you full for hours!Would you consider yourself a creative person? Anyone else experiencing a major identity crisis like me?

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    May 24, 2015 at 11:53 am

*slow clap*….*ROARING CLAP*
    I feel like I’m at that stage in my life where I have a million possibilities for the future swarming in my head, but at the end of the day it all just seems too impractical. I hope to have your courage to launch out into the unknown one day in order to do something I’m passionate about, no matter how small or silly it may seem at first.
    Also, genius smoothie.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Getting Back Into a Routine {Recent Eats}

May 25, 2015 at 12:05 pm

LOL I’m totally picturing you slow clapping into roaring clapping! Ideas are good! Possibilities really are endless and how fortunate I am for that 🙂 Keep being awesome!

May 24, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Wooooot! This looks amaaaazing! I never thought of mangoes and almond butter—-will definitely try!
    Cassie recently posted…Feelin’ Blue-Berry Oatmeal

Les | Balanced Berry
    May 24, 2015 at 9:56 pm

This smoothie sounds soooo good. I’ve been on a major mango kick lately, and need to try this mango/almond butter combo asap.

I totally relate to what you’re saying…I kind of had the opposite experience. I always thought of myself as a really creative person, and that any analytical capabilities were far beyond what I was capable of. But in the past year of studying the hard sciences and actually enjoying it, I realized we don’t have to be one or the other – and that having that well-roundedness is pretty awesome.
    Les | Balanced Berry recently posted…Vegan Mango Creamsicles

May 25, 2015 at 12:03 pm

We basically freak fridayed 😉 Yes I just made that a verb…

Megan @ Straight From The Jar
    May 24, 2015 at 11:15 pm

*waves hand in the air* ME! YEP. This whole starting a food blog business has me wondering all sorts of crazy things. Can I be just like a third as creative as you are someday? THIS SMOOTHIE THOUGH.
    Megan @ Straight From The Jar recently posted…Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal Smoothie

May 25, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Oh staaaaap you’re already amazing! Twinning with the smoothie too!

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    May 25, 2015 at 10:25 am

WHAT ARE THOSE AMAZING STRAWS. The almond butter swirl….I can’t. Epic pictures, friend!! You’re so talented 🙂
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Creamy Raspberry Chia Pudding

May 25, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Fun story…those straws may have been an act of theft from a bar on Costa Rica. The things we do for food props! Thanks boo xoxo

Beverley Cheng
    May 25, 2015 at 3:55 pm

killin it girl! i am getting pretty tired of my raspberry mango smoothies these days but i still have half a costco sized bag of mangos at home. the almond butter sounds like it’ll make it super creamy and delicious. can’t wait to try!
    Beverley Cheng recently posted…My First Ever Yoga Class

Mary Frances
    May 26, 2015 at 2:01 pm

I just started adding almond butter to my smoothies because I was tired of pb/choc banana smoothies and oh my goodness, it DOES work! I love the healthy fats and extra richness and I love the swirls in your smoothies. Almost too pretty to eat 😉
    Mary Frances recently posted…Oatmeal Pecan Chocolate Chip Mug Cake

Amanda
    May 29, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Those pictures look amazing and I’m sure the smoothie tastes just as good as it looks! I will definitely be trying this out very soon!
    Would you be interested in teaming up with Chicory and becoming a recipe partner?

Summer Smoothie Round-Up - The Balanced Berry
    June 5, 2015 at 11:29 pm

[…] Mango Almond Butter Smoothie from The Healthy Maven […]

Jia
    April 6, 2017 at 6:50 pm

I tried this smoothie this morning with milk and 1 cup of spinach, and it tastes amazing!!! Thank you for the recipe!