This Buffalo Chicken Salad is a simple, easy and healthy lunch recipe made with organic shredded chicken, celery and a zesty paleo buffalo sauce. Perfect in a sandwich or on a celery log, this salad is loved by kids and adults alike!
Back-to-school is in the air! I know you all know that feeling. Even if it’s been 5 years since I’ve gone back to school (HOW has it been that long?!) there’s still a feeling of excitement and borderline nervousness that comes with the start of September.
I may or may not have treated myself to a little back-to-school shopping spree. What should I wear on the first day?! LOLz we all know I wear lulus everyday.
But for those of you who are heading back-to-school this year, the blogging ladies have got you covered with 5 Healthy Back-To-School Recipes. We’re also helping you get the year off to a healthy start with an UNREAL prize-pack giveaway from Udi’s Gluten-Free foods!
I took on the task of an easy, healthy, kid-friendly lunch because lunch by far is the meal I struggle with most. Even though I’m usually home for lunch, I rarely take the time to put something together and sit down to eat it. This Buffalo Chicken Salad was the simplest recipe ever and tasted amazing! One day I had it on Udi’s Gluten-Free Ancient Grain Bread and another day I had it on celery sticks to up my veggies and some Ancient Grain chips on the side. It was perfection and actually led to be sitting down and eating a proper lunch. HUZZAH!
RELATED: Avocado Tuna Salad
Not only do I have you covered for lunch, but we also have more lunch recipes, easy breakfasts, snacks and simple dinners to make your weekdays as efficient while also staying healthy as possible. Let’s jump in!
1. Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen made grab and go French Toast Bites –> HERE
2. Brittany from Eating Bird Food made Sunbutter Backpack Kisses –> HERE
3. Gina from Running to the Kitchen made thus Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Loaf –> HERE
4. Taylor from Food Faith Fitness whipped up Mexican Avocado Spread Sandwiches with Sprouts–> HERE
5. Lee from Fit Foodie Finds is sharing a delectable recipe for Gluten-free Margherita Pizza–> HERE
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
Let’s chat about this sandwich, or buffalo chicken salad on a log if you prefer! We’ve talked before about how I’m a diva when it comes to lunch. I’ll slave away for hours on breakfast or dinner but lunch needs to be the most convenient meal possible or else it’s just gonna be popcorn, avocado and eggs (I wish I were kidding).
If you’ve already got some leftover chicken on hand, this recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. It can also be tailored to your spice level too.
In a rare turn of events I went light on the spice (you’re welcome), but if you’re anything like me when it comes to spiciness, feel free to go heavy-handed. Also it turns out Frank’s Red Hot is paleo and actually pretty descent in terms of its ingredients. Not that it’s ever stopped me from using it.
I think life’s greatest debate is Franks vs. Sriracha vs. Cholula. Almost as challenging as picking your favourite recipe in this post. Good luck with that…Print
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 8 oz chicken breasts (16 ounces total), cooked and shredded*
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 green onions ( whites and light green only), chopped
- 2 T hot sauce (I used Franks Red Hot)
- 1 T butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bread (I like Udi’s Gluten-Free Whole Grain Bread)
- Celery, chopped into thirds
- Combine chicken, celery and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to chicken and mix well.
- Top on bread or celery, as desired.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container in the fridge.
*I cook my chicken in a slow cooker on high heat for 2-3 hours with 1/2 cup water.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!