Do you have a spiralizer? I vividly remember when I got mine… we were living in Canada at the time but I had the brilliant idea to ship it to Lee since I was going to be in the U.S. the next week. What I didn’t think through was that I might not be able to take a bunch of blades into my carry-on bag onto the plane… Shout out to C’s mom for shipping my beloved spiralizer home for me!
How do You Cut Curly Fries?
You need the magic tool: a spiralizer! I have had mine for over 5 years and am still just as in love with it. Cut off the ends of your potatoes so a flat surface sits between both of the spiralizer ends. Select the blade you want to use (I prefer using the one with the larger triangles and spiralize away. Easy peasy.
Ingredients in Crispy Baked Curly Fries
- large potatoes (I used white but I’m sure sweet potatoes would be delicious too!)
- olive or avocado oil
- sea salt
- fresh herbs
How to Make Curly Fries
To make these curly fries you need just 3 simple things:
1. A spiralizer
2. White or russet potatoes – I prefer these for making fries as I find they crisp up well
3. Olive oil or avocado oil – either works! Just go with a neutral tasting oil that has a medium smoke point
Optional: add some herbs, spices or even a sprinkling of parmesan cheese for some cheesy curly fries!
Start by spiralizing your potatoes. The end result will be long strings of curly potatoes. Use a kitchen scissors or knife to cut the “strings” into shorter pieces. Toss with olive or avocado oil and spread on a baking sheet. Make sure the baking sheet isn’t overcrowded – spread out your potatoes! Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes and bake for another 8-10 minutes until crispy!Print
Crispy Baked Curly Fries
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 large white or russet potatoes, washed & dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- optional: 2 tbsp chopped, fresh herbs i.e. rosemary or thyme*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spiralize both potatoes (I use this sprializer) using the blade with the larger triangles.
- Using scissors or a knife cut the potato “strings” into smaller bite-sized fries.
- Add to a bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Spread out over two parchment-lined baking sheets. You will need to use two as you do not want to overcrowd potatoes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place trays in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip fries as best as you can removing any fries that have already crisped up. Swap trays before returning to oven so tray that was originally on the top is now in the middle and vice versa.*
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove trays and serve hot.
*if you would like to add fresh herbs, sprinkle over fries in between baking so before you place them back in the oven for 8-10 minutes
*I use THIS SPIRALIZER, The Inspiralizer to make my Crispy Baked Curly Fries. It is an affiliate link but I truly stand by this product and would recommend it to anyone!
Enjoy these recipes with your curly fries:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!