Uncategorized

The Great Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake-Off

February 14, 2014

I’m feeling the loooooooove today! I’ve got my red pants on (sweatpants, you know I don’t wear “real” pants), the house is decked out with chocolate and cinnamon hearts and Louman is filled with cookies!

As I’ve mentioned, Valentine’s Day is my favourite day of the year! I’ll be spending it doing what I do best, making balls.

But tonight I am planning a romantic dinner with my lovahhhh. By planning I mean I have yet to think of what I’m going to make and unless I rush to the grocery store post-work, we may be eating lava cake for dinner. I’m okay with that.

the-great-vday-bakeoffMore than anything I am excited to be spending Valentine’s Day with C. While we have had V-Day dates in the past, we’ve never been together on the actual holiday.

As requested, here’s our story 🙂

Despite having gone to school together for four years, C and I only met each other on my graduation night. And because life works in the cruelest of ways, I moved to NYC the next day. Maybe not love at first sight, but certainly infatuation. After 5 days together (across a 5 month time-span) I met his parents, day 6 he was my boyfriend and day 10 I was with his family for Christmas. Despite the inconvenience of NYC-San Francisco, NYC-Montreal and Toronto-Montreal, we have found a way to make our relationship work. Finally 2.5 years later we are living in the same city. I’m excited to celebrate this milestone (without any furniture) and how fortunate I am to have found the love of my life.

Now to celebrate my love for all of you I am hosting my first ever link-up! Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you may have noticed that each day this week I posted a different sweet treat to share with your Valentine, whoever they are! And even better, all of them are healthy!

Now I’m passing the torch to you. I am SO excited to see what delicious treats you came up with and who you will be sharing them with. But before I do, let’s recap this week.

On Sunday, we got the ball rolling with some Double Chocolate Cherry Cookies and I introduced you to my most prized possession, my cookie jar named Louman.

double chocolate cherry cookiesMonday was all about breakfast! You didn’t think I’d do a bake-off without including breakfast right? Of course I made my all-time favourite with a twist, Banana Fosters Cinnamon Rolls!

banana fosters cinnamon rollsWednesday I listened to your requests and shared my love to my fellow bloggers with these Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies

Coconut Oatmeal Lace Cookies copieAnd on Thursday I took back everything I said about lemon and finished with a bang with these Black Bean Lava Cakes.

Black Bean Lava CakeNow it’s your turn! You have until Sunday to link-up with your Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats. I cannot wait to check each one of them out!

the great valentines day bake-off

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Sarah Pie
    February 14, 2014 at 1:18 pm

There are so many great treats this week I want them all!! This was a seriously fun challenge to participate in and I’m glad you put a healthy twist on the usual decadence 😉

Sarah Pie
      February 14, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Annndd I hit enter too soon because I didn’t get to say how excited I am for you to celebrate with C this year (furniture is overrated anyways). Wishing a great night for you guys 😉

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    February 14, 2014 at 11:44 am

Haaaaappy Valentine’s day love!! Hope you guys have a splendid day together! Grant and I were drinking partners all of first year and it was only at the end of the year that we decided maybe we should date. Worked out for us.. :).

Jo @ LivingMintGreen
    February 14, 2014 at 11:40 am

What an awesome linkup – again, my job is ruining my life & I have no time to be at home making myself treats. On the bright side, t here’s a potluck at work today, it’s only 9 am and I’ve already ate a jelly filled donut. Today is going to give me diabetes.

February 14, 2014 at 11:39 am

Happy Valentine’s Day miss!! So happy for you that you can be with your man on the actual day this year. Long distance is tough, but I think that it makes you quickly realize what you have. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder! Linking up now 🙂

February 14, 2014 at 11:38 am

Happy Valentine’s Day miss!! So happy for you that you can be with your man on the actual day this year. Long distance is tough, but I think that it makes you quickly realize what you have. Absence really does make the heart go fonder! Linking up now 🙂

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    February 14, 2014 at 11:04 am

Oooo so much sweet goodness— including the story about how you met the love of your life! Now I’m going to go try making one of these goodies for MY Valentines….my ‘rents. Guatever, I love them.

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    February 14, 2014 at 10:43 am

Love the story of how you 2 met! So cute. 🙂 Happy Valentine’s Day my friend! Thank you for hosting this festive healthy link party. 🙂

Alex @ therunwithin
    February 14, 2014 at 10:14 am

probably shouldn’t be reading this at 9 am because now I am hungry, very hungry

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    February 14, 2014 at 9:43 am

When I was putting my breakfast together this am, I’d already read this post and I made up a song to go with your red pants. I don’t know why. Just feel honored that you were on my mind <3 Hehe. Happy V Day babes

Amy @ Elephant Eats
    February 14, 2014 at 9:38 am

For some reason my work was blocking your site for a while and I couldn’t stop in to comment! 🙁 But it’s working today so it’s time for some catching up on your life, girl! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Amanda
    February 14, 2014 at 9:32 am

Love your story! 🙂 It takes a very special couple to be able to make it through such long distances like that! 🙂

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat
    February 14, 2014 at 9:12 am

All these tasty treats…I can’t handle the excitement! hehe! I think I have a lot of pinning to do!

1 2 3 4 5