So why exactly is Valentine’s Day my favourite holiday? Because I am absolutely, head-over-heels in love with love. I have no idea where I got it from since my family is not the most lovey-dovey, but nevertheless I have turned out to be a real hopeless romantic.
I love love in all forms. A mom hugging her kid, a couple greeting each other after a long day, Oprah (Oprah = love). And don’t even get me started on weddings…I bawled my eyes out watching The Bachelor’s Catherine and Sean’s Wedding the other day. Then promptly called C and told him I started a pinterest board dedicated to all things wedding. He thinks I’m totally nuts, but was not at all surprised. Like I said, hopeless romantic.
Lemon Ginger Asparagus Ingredients
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- garlic cloves
- lemon zest
- sea salt
- slivered almonds
How to Make Lemon Ginger Asparagus
STEP 1: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and sea salt.
STEP 2: Add the asparagus to the bowl and coat with the sauce.
STEP 3: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and spread the asparagus evenly across the sheets. Top with sliced lemon.
STEP 4: Bake at 400ºF for 7 minutes. After the initial baking, remove from the oven and flip the asparagus. Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
STEP 5: While the asparagus is baking, roast the almonds in a small frying pan over medium heat until browned.
STEP 6: Remove the asparagus from the oven, top with the toasted almonds and enjoy!Print
Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds
- Prep Time: 5 minute
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 bunches of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- zest of one lemon (then chop lemon into slices)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and sea salt.
- Add asparagus to bowl and coat with sauce (or use a large ziploc bag).
- Line TWO baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread asparagus on sheets and top with sliced lemon.
- Place sheets in oven and bake for 7 mins.
- While asparagus is roasting add almonds to a small frying pan and cook over medium heat until browned (about 3-5 mins). Or use toaster oven.
- Remove sheets from oven and turn over asparagus as best as you can.
- Swap the rack each sheet was on and bake for another 8 mins.
- Remove from oven and top with toasted almond.
- Serve warm.
Like this post? Here are more asparagus recipes to try:
- Grilled Asparagus Salad
- Asparagus Fries
- Mushroom Asparagus Pizza
- Savory Galette with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!