Let’s just take a minute to talk about food photography…aka the bane of my existence. Seriously guys, taking pictures of food gives me more anxiety than running out of peanut butter (that’s A LOT of anxiety). Unlike cooking and baking, food photography is not a passion of mine. It’s something I do to make my recipes look as good as they taste since most of us eat with our eyes before our mouths. I really do try my best, and recognize I am absolutely a perfectionist, but every time I make something I literally dread reaching the point where I have to photograph it. I’d rather just eat it…
Maple Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 22 mins
Keywords: bake dessert gluten-free oats cookie
Ingredients (Yields: 2 dozen cookies)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose GF flour (or regular AP flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer combine coconut oil (or butter) and coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar).
3. After well combined add in egg whites, applesauce maple syrup and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet while mixer is running.
6. Once fully combined roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and flatten lightly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone-mat.
7. Bake for 11 minutes.
8. Let cool for 2 minutes on sheet before transferring to a wire rack.
9. Try not to eat all of them at once 🙂
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!