An easy side dish ready in under 10 minutes, this Orange Cashew Broccoli will quickly become part of your weekday meals. A few simple ingredients and a stovetop is all you need to have a healthy side dish recipe for your next dinner.
There’s a war waging in my heart right now. Channing Tatum vs. Orange Cashew Broccoli.
Who will win?
It’s really hard to say. Mr. Orange Cashew Broccoli is so easy, so dependable and fits in seamlessly with the rest of my life. There’s also no denying that Mr. Tatum is beautiful to look at, but easy and dependable he is not. Dat body thoooooooo.
Mr. Broccoli fills my tummy with so much healthy goodness, but Mr. Tatum gets my heart thumping like woah. One is good for the body, and one is good for the soul. Can’t I just have both?
Clearly someone just saw Magic Mike XXL…and I’m not gonna deny that it was definitely my favourite movie of the year. A cinematic masterpiece it was not but damn did I ever leave that theater with the biggest smile and a little extra spring in my step!
The only issue? So did every girl in the city of Toronto.
I may never have Channing Tatum to myself, but at least I have this Orange Cashew Broccoli.
If you’re looking for me, I’ll be hiding in the corner eating my broccoli while painfully listening to this beautiful ballad and day dreaming about his suave dance moves.
Channing, if you’re reading know that I will forever be your pony girl. No amount of broccoli will ever replace you.Print
Orange Cashew Broccoli
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 side servings 1x
- 1 head of broccoli, stemmed and cut into florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 naval orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted cashews (raw or dry roasted work)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a large pot or wok add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add in broccoli, ginger and garlic and saute until broccoli is coated.
- Add in water and cover pot to allow broccoli to steam for 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add in orange, tamari, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and cashews.
- Saute for 5 minutes to char broccoli slightly and allow it to absorb the sauce.
- Eat! Will keep for several days in the refrigerator if you don’t eat the whole recipe in one sitting…which I usually do.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!