breakfast gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Overnight Blackberry Coconut Oats

July 31, 2013

I’m sorry to all you oatmeal fans out there for taking so long to post a new oatmeal recipe. Trust me, it is not due to a lack of consumption on my part. More so that I’ve been sticking to the classics, PB & Banana being the most popular. It’s about time I give you guys a new recipe. So without further ado let me introduce my recipe for Overnight Blackberry Coconut Oats!

Blackberry Coconut Overnight Oats // thehealthymaven.comOn another note, how adorable is my mini dutch oven? I’d been eyeing it at HomeGoods for a while but was waiting for the price to come down. Eventually I got it for $5 down from $20! I may or may not have walked out dancing…I can imagine it will come in handy in the wintertime when I tend to bake my oats more frequently.

Blackberry Coconut Overnight Oats // thehealthymaven.comThis is another one of those recipes that can easily be adapted to your preference. I’m a big blackberry fan but really any berry would work. I tend to go with what’s on sale and blackberries happened to be, but I’ve made this with blueberries and it is equally as delish!  Would love to hear what berries you choose. Enjoy!

Overnight Blackberry Coconut Oats

• Prep Time: 2 minutes
  • Total Time: 6 hours

Scale
  • 1/3 cup GF certified oats
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (or half a banana, mashed)
  • 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (I used refrigerated carton)
  • 1 tsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup blackberries
  • 1 tsp coconut flakes
  • 1 tsp coconut butter (optional)

1. Combine all ingredients in a mason jar or sealed container and stir.
  2. Place in refrigerator overnight (or at least 6 hours)
  3. In the morning heat it up or eat it cold.
  4. I mixed in coconut butter for some healthy fats and topped it with my blackberry ginger chia jam

Nutrition

• Serving Size: 1
Whats your go-to berry? Do you ever wait to buy something until it goes on sale?

Nikki @ The Road to Less Cake
    August 1, 2013 at 11:22 am

I love the dish you’ve served them in. Looks so pretty.

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      August 1, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I’m obsessed. Considering buying a few more in other colours if I can find them on sale 🙂

Karen
    August 1, 2013 at 12:37 am

I’ve been hearing about these overnight oats all over the place but have never tried them! Thanks for posting this recipe, I’ll definitely try to whip some up soon! 🙂
    Karen @karenlovestorun

chelseashealthykitchen.com
    August 1, 2013 at 12:09 am

That mini dutch oven is adorable! I didn’t even realize we have Home Goods here in Canada… we don’t have one in Burlington, but I’m hoping maybe I’ll be able to find at Home Sense!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      August 1, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Home sense is the same! Sorry used to live in the states so I get the names all mixed up. Have a look in your home sense sale section 🙂

*CaNdY FiT*
    July 31, 2013 at 7:09 pm

I love blackberries!

Recipe sounds awesome 🙂

Lauren Goslin
    July 31, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Yum! I love the idea of coconut milk in these. I just recently came across a recipe for ‘thick homemade coconut milk’ that I bet would be delicious in here! 😀

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I need to find that recipe! I’ve been on a coconut milk kick too so I would love to start making it myself 🙂

Paige Podbelsek
    July 31, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Ahhhh this looks amazing! I’m always looking for new oatmeal recipes and this one looks perfect 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I consider myself quite the oatmeal artist lol…Not so creative in other ways but for some reason I am with oatmeal! So weird…

labelsarefortincans
    July 31, 2013 at 1:55 pm

That mini dutch oven is adorable! I really need to buy me some coconut butter!

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I know, it’s so fun! I usually make my own coconut butter since it’s so expensive grrrr. Just throw some unsweetened coconut flakes into a food processor and process forever (well not forever but it does take at least 15-20 mins)!

Zoe
    July 31, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I can’t wait to try this! I have been obsessed with overnight oats and am always looking for a new recipe to try out 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:39 pm

I’m completely obsessed too! They take 2 mins and I can literally roll out of bed and eat them. So perfect! Thanks for stopping by Zoe 🙂

Em Kathryn
    July 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This looks delicious and I will absolutely be trying this for breakfast!!! My favorite berry is strawberries and raspberries. I’m big on buying stuff on sale! 🙂

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:38 pm

love strawberries too! Have so many in my fridge that I need to start using up. Let’s be honest though they will probably just end up in my oats 😉

July 31, 2013 at 1:42 pm

I got a Dutch oven for my birthday this year, and I have yet to use it. What else do you use yours for? (My friends got me mine specifically for short ribs, but it’s been so hot that I haven’t wanted to fire up the real oven to make them).

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:38 pm

This mini one and my medium sized one are perfect for baking oats. I use my big one for casseroles and enchiladas. Love them!!!

jessielovestorun
    July 31, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Can’t ever have too many overnight oat recipes 🙂 This one looks delicious!

Shashi Charles
    July 31, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Very interesting combination of cocnut milk and oats and fruit! I am looking forward to using coconut milk instead of almond milk now!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com

Davida @TheHealthyMaven
      July 31, 2013 at 5:36 pm

It’s such an awesome swap! I’ve been using coconut milk with my oats a lot lately.

1 2 3 6