Starting your day with a yoga flow? Fuel your body, and your soul with this Yoga Glow Smoothie. Packed with hydrating ingredients and nourishing goodness, this smoothie is the perfect breakfast recipe to kickstart your morning.
On our most recent trip to Guatemala, I was completely inspired by the fresh fruit and delicious smoothies abundant there. I also took so much away from the slower pace of life that the locals embraced. People didn’t seem to rush around, but really take their time and be present in whatever it was that they were doing. After the craziness of moving your life across a continent, immersing myself in this slower pace was exactly what I needed.
One morning in Antigua, C and I leisurely walked the cobblestone streets looking for a place to grab breakfast. We stumbled across Samsara and I was immediately in love with everything on their menu. The thing that really caught my eye was their pre and post yoga glow smoothies. Though I hadn’t done yoga that morning (we were heading out on a hike), I went for the post-yoga and C had the pre-yoga and both of them were basically what dreams are made of. It was the perfect way to start the day and hydrate before a big hike in the sun. I became determined to recreate it at home!
Not only did I want to recreate the smoothie, but I also wanted to make sure that this slower pace and really being intentional about my mornings also came home with me too. So before I left Guatemala I journaled my way through a new morning routine, which I’ve stuck to since landing back on US soil. I wanted to share this new routine with you because I truly feel that my quality of life has dramatically improved since implementing it.
1. Wake up slow – I’ve talked about this before, but what it really means is giving myself an hour or so to ease into my day. Instead of rolling over and reaching for my phone, I’ve developed other rituals before jumping head into the tech.
2. Hydration – I love my coffee or matcha, but water is so key. I’m trying to start my day with a cup or two of water and have been loving the Simple Truth Distilled electrolyte water because it actually encourages me to drink. Plus it has no artificial sweeteners or preservatives.
3. Move – Working out in whatever capacity feels right that day is so important to me. Sometimes it means taking Bodhi on a walk or run, but most of the time it’s a good yoga flow to get my muscles moving and stretch them out. Getting my sweat on is all the more reason to hydrate!
4. Meditate – I’ll be doing a more dedicated post on this soon, but I’ve been able to find a meditation routine that actually works for me and have noticed I’ve been far more mindful and calm throughout the day.
5. Green smoothie – this is nothing new, I love me a green smoothie, but I’m officially obsessed with this Yoga Glow Smoothie based off the one I tried in Guatemala. The inclusion of Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water with Electrolytes helps my body recover faster.
It’s been truly amazing to see how changing the first hour of your day can completely transform the way the rest of the day evolves. I encourage all of you to try changing things up and see how it affects your day. I can’t imagine a bad day if it starts with this yoga glow smoothie!Print
Yoga Glow Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1–2 cups kale
- 1 knob fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Simple Truth Vapor Distilled Water (I use the blueberry-blackberry flavored)
- optional: scoop of protein powder.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
What’s your morning routine? How about a post-workout meal?
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!