These Gluten-Free Morning Glory Muffins are delicious and packed-full of nutrition to make an awesome and healthy breakfast on the go!
What’s the story morning glory?
If you were to ask me this first thing in the morning there is a 90% chance I won’t answer you.
The majority of the reason why I wake up in the morning is because it means I can finally eat breakfast, which for the record is the highlight of my day. Nothing brings me as much joy as deciding what to eat for breakfast except maybe the first bite of my oats/waffle/pancakes/muffin/omelet.
I like to savor my mornings, not chat about last night’s shenanigans, your Freudian interpretation of your dreams or today’s plans. I prefer not to speak unless required to.
Ironically I hate the nighttime. Nothing gives me more anxiety than the day drawing to a close, yet I’m as chatty as they come when the sun begins to set.
A possible compensatory action? I’ll leave the analysis to you.
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free flour (I like Cloud 9 Bakery)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup grated apple (about 1/2 large apple)
- ½ cup walnuts (or other nut)
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, almond milk, egg and vanilla.
- Stir carrot, apple, walnuts and raisins into the wet mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Scoop batter into cups until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 mins (mine took 23 mins).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 mins.
- Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container or in freezer for months.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!