Extra-ripe bananas and all-natural peanut butter make these healthy banana peanut butter muffins a healthier snack option! Made in one bowl and no added sugar, these muffins will become a must-bake healthy treat!
Long time no recipe! It’s been a while since the last recipe because as you know I haven’t been feeling uber creative in the kitchen lately. But when you open up your freezer to find 12 frozen overripe bananas, you can’t help but experiment.
Banana bread probably would have been my go-to, but I already nailed it with this recipe so I thought I would change things up. Plus there is nothing that beats bananas + peanut butter.
I initially thought this recipe would be perfect for those back-to-schoolers, but then remembered that peanuts are kind of a no-no at school. So really these are for the non-back-schoolers who still get nostalgic when September hits.
Did anyone else get an immense craving to go highlighter shopping? Just me?
But whether or not you’re going back to school, make these Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Muffins. Your freezer will thank you.Print
Healthy Banana Peanut Butter Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 2 cups oat flour*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 large VERY ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tray with liners or spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in bananas, vanilla, egg, peanut butter and almond milk.
- Divide batter evenly amongst muffin cups for a total of 12 muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes (give or take depending on oven heat and altitude). Muffins are ready when the tops spring back after being touched.
- Allow to cool for 20 mins before removing from muffin tin.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for longer.
*You can try replacing with whole wheat flour but you will want to decrease the flour slightly (around a 1/4 cup).
Like this recipe? Here are some similar muffin recipes:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!