I genuinely think I might be aging pre-maturely. Basically I’m the female Jack. Anyone else remember that movie? This post solidified my belief that I am aging and my memory is going. Let’s recap…
I tried a great pistachio hummus at a restaurant in NYC but myself and my friends agreed it could be better. So I made it my mission to recreate it at home. I went and picked up the ingredients, asked you guys on Facebook what you like with hummus, made the dish, photographed it and even wrote the post. Then as I was reading over the post it hit me, we were at a Mexican restaurant, why in the world would they be serving hummus?
Only then did it occur to me that we tried pistachio guacamole and not pistachio hummus…whomp whomp.
-I consistently complain that some body part is hurting me.
-I am up all night. Does it make sense that I associate old age with insomnia?
-I get excited when parties call for an early start time so I can get to bed earlier (not that I sleep…)
-I watch The Good Wife…such a Mom show.
-Hot flashes. Enough said.
The list could go on, but until I’m in a diaper I’m still in the clear, right? Well if my pre-mature aging results in pistachio hummus instead of pistachio guac, then I guess things ain’t so bad. The day I start posting ground beef oatmeal is probably when you should seek some help for me. Until then, enjoy the hummus!
Serves: 2 cups
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup raw shelled pistachios + ¼ cup chopped
- 1 ½ T olive oil
- 1/3 cup water (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor add 1/2 cup pistachios, olive oil and half of water. Process until a paste is formed.
- Add in chickpeas, garlic cloves, lemon juice and remainder of water. Process until hummus consistency is reached. Add more water if thinner consistency desired.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios and salt and pepper.
- Serve with veggies or chips of choice.