gluten-free nut and seed butters paleo vegan

Maple Cinnamon Sunbutter

January 9, 2014

If you’ve ever been to Canada, then you know this country’s obsession with maple. The second you cross the border you are bombarded with all things maple. If you didn’t know any better you would think Canadians lived off a diet of maple cookies washed down with pure maple syrup.

maple cinnamon sunbutterThough I can’t speak for all, many Canadians struggle with what it means to be a Canuck. Besides Celine Dion, hockey and definitely maple syrup we don’t have anything that stands out as distinctly Canadian. Okay, maybe poutine. As a result Canadians can be extremely pushy about their maple syrup. Unless you’re my roommate who insists on Aunt Jemima, you proudly eat the real stuff (I still love you Sab!).

maple cinnamon sunbutter 2Unlike most grade schoolers who go on field trips to the zoo or the acquiarium, Canadians visit The Sugar Shack where we stand in the freezing cold and witness the arduous task of making maple syrup. It’s sad to me that Canadians try so desperately to find an identity. What I love most about this country is how multicultural we are. This is especially true in Toronto where you are surrounded by an infinite number of languages and cultures. We should pride ourselves on the fact that everyone is different, rather than one cohesive personality.

Maple is pretty damn good, but Canadians are so much more than a sugary condiment!

Maple Cinnamon Sunbutter

PREP TIME 10 mins

• 2 cups raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
  • 1 T coconut oil, melted
  • 1 T maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt

1. 1. Add sunflower seeds to a food processor and process for 2 mins.
  2. 2. Add in coconut oil and maple syrup and continue processing until butter is smooth. May take several minutes. Scrape sides as necessary.
  3. 3. Add in vanilla, cinnamon and sea salt and process until well-combined.
  4. 4. Keep at room temperature for several weeks or longer in refrigerator (but will harden in fridge).

Lucie@FitSwissChicl
    January 9, 2014 at 5:12 am

I LOVE making my own nutbutter – thanks for that recipe!! I’m still awaiting my Ninja Blender though, let’s hope it arrives SOOOON!!
    I get you on the identity – if someone hears Switzerland, they start jodeling, speak of cows, richness, banks and cheese. At least we are also popular for chocolate – I like that one 🙂
    One of my best friends is Canadian and I’ve been to Vancouver once – but I definitely want to go back one day for longer!!
    Lucie@FitSwissChicl recently posted…Thinking Out Loud!

January 12, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Will you let me know how the ninja is?? I’m in the market for a new blender and have been looking into a ninja! Thanks, love!

Ksenija @ With An Open Mind
    January 9, 2014 at 6:16 am

Maple and Cinnamon is such an awesome taste combination! But I am really not a fan of sun butter. Somehow it dries out my mouth and makes the experience a lot less enjoyable. Did you notice something like that or was there something wrong with my sunflower seeds?
    Ksenija @ With An Open Mind recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #1

January 12, 2014 at 10:04 pm

I didn’t find that…it’s definitely earthy tasting and kind of grainy. It needs the coconut oil to make it more “butter” like and the maple for the sweetness. I’d say it’s an acquired taste!

D @ The Kosher Cave Girl
    January 9, 2014 at 6:24 am

Mmmm. This looks so yummy! I would definitely stand outside the Sugar Shack to see how maple syrup is made over a school trip to the aquarium any day!
    D @ The Kosher Cave Girl recently posted…Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries {Paleo}

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    January 9, 2014 at 6:27 am

I love maple peanut butter (Mighty Maple from Peanut Butter & Co.) and I love hockey so maybe I should live in Canada. I have been to Toronto twice and loved it!
    meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles recently posted…Thinking Out Loud – Somehow We End Up Talking Running

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness
    January 9, 2014 at 6:39 am

I have a confession. I am Canadian and I don’t enjoy hockey and I am not overly fond of maple syrup. Terrible eh?
    How-ev-errrr, I may need to revisit that last thought for this maple cinnamon sunbutter! I have never made my own nut butter and have been wanting to try!

January 12, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I forgive you! Well mostly for the hockey part because I could do without hockey, but maple??! Could never live without it!

taylor @ taylormade
    January 9, 2014 at 6:45 am

one look at that ingredient list and I know I have to make this. so much deliciousness!!!
    taylor @ taylormade recently posted…{lightened up} chicken, roasted broccoli, & mozzarella pasta bake

Joanne
    January 9, 2014 at 7:12 am

I can’t argue with maple love! Especially in nut butters. Yum!
    Joanne recently posted…Meyer Lemon Macarons {#TheLeftoversClub}

Madison
    January 9, 2014 at 7:14 am

I haven’t been to Canada–but I hope to one day real soon! I love maple stuff…funny story: in high school for breakfast I used to be OBSESSED with that maple brown sugar flavored oatmeal. Well, let’s just say I used it so much that it stunk up my parents microwave and they ended up tossing it and getting a new one! all because of me. 🙂 haha!
    Madison recently posted…Madison’s Energy Balls

January 9, 2014 at 7:39 am

Girl, I am totally making this! I think it’s a nut butter (can I call it that if they are sunflower seeds?) that I would actually be able to eat! And it sounds so good! The one great thing about maple syrup in Canada is that everyone seemed to provide it for free! I was at brunch the other day and I was offered maple syrup for a $2 up charge. Say whaaat?
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…The best (and only) veggie burger I’ve ever had

Elise @ 9toFit.com
    January 9, 2014 at 7:41 am

Love that this is simple but a way to switch up my peanut butter routine
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…Game Day Food: Healthy Black Bean Dip

kathy @ vodka and soda
    January 9, 2014 at 7:54 am

so. i’m not a fan of maple syrup. never have been. same with poutine…i can’t bring myself to eat a bowl of yeast infection. i guess i’m not a real canadian then?

kathy
    Vodka and Soda
    kathy @ vodka and soda recently posted…things i refuse to pay for

Elyse @ Lizzie Fit
    January 9, 2014 at 8:18 am

Yay for fellow Canadians 🙂 Its true that we are always trying to make something our “National _____”, but the coolest thing about Canada is that we are so International. I have everything at home to make this sunbutter. I might go for it this weekend 🙂
    Elyse @ Lizzie Fit recently posted…Buffalo Cauliflower “Wings”

January 12, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Love how international we are! A friend was visiting me and pointed out how every single person looked different as we walked down the street. Very proud of our multiculturalism! Thanks for stopping by Elyse!

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    January 9, 2014 at 8:26 am

If this is as good as maple almond butter then I definitely want some! I’ve never been to Canada, sadly, but I’d love to go. I guess food-wise, the US national identity is burgers and fries!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Letting go of your “best” body

January 12, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I do love me a good burger and a huge plate of fries! I think you need to come visit me Kelly 🙂

January 9, 2014 at 8:46 am

So I’m a terrible Canadian in the sense that I don’t like hockey, but poutine and maple syrup? Count me in. I finally switched off the no-sugar added stuff a few years ago in favour of real maple syrup, and I still consider it one of the best choices I ever made.
    Although I’ve yet to try sunbutter!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Bertoldi’s Trattoria: How I Learned That I Like Anchovies.

January 12, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Don’t like hockey either! I feel like liking maple syrup and poutine is far more important 😉

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    January 9, 2014 at 9:11 am

I also think of the word “Eh” when I think of Canada. If you say Eh sometimes I will love you even more than I already do because it’s a pretty adorable phrase! Haha. Love this idea, it takes maple nut butter to the next level and I think that it would complement the sunflower flavor very well.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Two Yoga Resources I’ve Been Loving Lately

January 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Funny story. I totally lived in denial of my “eh” until I moved to NYC and everyone commented on how Canadian I sounded and made fun of me when I said “eh” but when I’m in Canada everyone comments on how I sound American. I’m a lost soul!

Chelsea
    January 9, 2014 at 9:26 am

Yum yum yum! Ive been obsessed with maple almond butter lately…so I might have to give this a try!
    Chelsea recently posted…Thinking Out Loud : 01/09/2014

Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    January 9, 2014 at 9:36 am

I can’t say I enjoy sunbutter, but maybe I would like this with the maple flavor! I enjoy making homemade almond butter!
    Kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Beating treadmill boredom

January 12, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I think almond butter is the food I make the most. I have a special recipe that I’ve actually thought about selling…instead I think I’ll just eat it straight from the jar.

Christina @ Pinch of Healthy
    January 9, 2014 at 9:39 am

You had me at maple! Can you believe I never really had the real stuff until a few months ago? I was one of the Aunt Jemima lovers until my mom shipped me her friend’s syrup straight from his maple tree…I will never go back now!

Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans
    January 9, 2014 at 9:47 am

So true on defining what is Canadian! I TA a class on Canadian culture and it always leads to interesting (and confused) discussions.

Recipe looks awesome! Perfect to cross ‘make my own nut butter’ off my bucket list.
    Danielle @LabelsAreForTinCans recently posted…Wordless Wednesday: Pearson Airport Edition

Nicole @ FruitnFitness
    January 9, 2014 at 9:50 am

I’m from Minnesota, close to Canada, and maple syrup is quite common there too. I remember my friends dad who used to make his own maple syrup, it was always fun to see the buckets hanging on the tree. This maple sun butter sounds good! I’m excited to start making nut butters once my vitamix arrives.
    Nicole @ FruitnFitness recently posted…Thinking with Spoons

January 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

The boy is from Minnesota and I was so surprised to see how similar MN is to Canada. You guys are basically Canadian! Or as I prefer, Canasotan 😉

cait @pieceofcait
    January 9, 2014 at 10:23 am

oh my yum, I wish I had this on my waffles this AM!!!!

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    January 9, 2014 at 10:31 am

Oh yum! Perfect for my new Vitamin!
    Lexi @ Lexi’s Clean Kitchen recently posted…Copy-Cat Mini Indulgences: Part 1 {Warm Brownie Sundae}

January 9, 2014 at 11:09 am

That looks so yummy!
    Cassie recently posted…waltzing on Wednesdays #2

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    January 9, 2014 at 11:09 am

I’ve never been to Canada… after this taste of sub-zero weather, I think I’ll wait til summer. 😉 The sunbutter I’ll take right now though!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…Coconut Curried Chicken + WIAW

January 9, 2014 at 12:03 pm

So I’m one of those Canadians that’s super snobby about maple syrup. Don’t even talk to me Aunt Jemima, and if you so much as mention sugar-free maple syrup within my hearing, I will ignore you for at least 5 minutes. Don’t mess.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #60 .

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    January 9, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Sunbutter is delicious and I can imagine it’s even better with your Canadian maple syrup!

I’ve never been to Canada but I’d love to come see you!!! 🙂
    Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted…Easy Lentil Spinach Soup

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    January 9, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Ok this sunbutter looks amazing!!! Don’t hate me but I’ve never been to Canada! I don’t know why-ok, I’m slightly scared that it will be really cold. Actually my hubs worked in Canada a lot a few years ago, specifically in Toronto!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Jumpstart January: HIIT Cardio & Strength Video

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl
    January 9, 2014 at 12:32 pm

I know you Canadians are much more than your maple syrup, buy maple syrup isn’t all that bad to be associated with. It’s been a while since I’ve made sunflower seed butter. I jotted your recipe down to try VERY soon.
    Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted…Thinking Out Loud 3

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    January 9, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I have not been to Canada but I would love to go! I really love maple syrup so I bet I’d love this! Have you had those maple candies that kind of melt in your mouth? They’re like pure maple syrup mixed with sugar in the shape of a leaf. Is that Canadian or did we steal the leaf and maple and call it our own? 🙂

January 12, 2014 at 10:28 pm

I think they originated in Canada 😉 They’re literally everywhere here! And damnnnn they are good!

Alex
    January 9, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Just found your blog through Kathy at Vodka and Soda. We were talking about fellow Toronto bloggers and she told me to check you out. I have now stalked your blog 🙂

Is it weird that I’ve totally been craving maple syrup lately? Hmm.. maybe I’ll have to try this!
    Alex recently posted…Misty Was a Bad Puppy

January 12, 2014 at 10:30 pm

I gotta start paying Kathy or something because that lady is like my personal PR agent! Off to stalk your blog!

Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet
    January 9, 2014 at 12:53 pm

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY 🙂 I went to undergrad in VT and they are second obsessed with maple… and it turned me into an addict! This sounds/ looks delicious! 🙂
    Sabrina @ Nutritiously Sweet recently posted…WIAW #82: It’s Been A While

January 9, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I’ve never been to Canada but hope to visit at some point!!
    I mix peanut butter and syrup – maybe a little similar? (Ok, I’m just lazy!)
    Kim recently posted…Do You Like to Know When Something Dreadful Is Coming up or be Surprised?

Madison @ Eating 4 Balance
    January 9, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Sunbutter is one of my favorite “nut” butters ever! 🙂 That picture of it dripping over the side… Goodness. 🙂

I love both the fake maple syrup and the real stuff equally. It’s just that the real stuff sometimes is overpowering on pancakes whereas the fake stuff is milder and you can taste more the pancake, ya know?
    Madison @ Eating 4 Balance recently posted…What I Made in 2013

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    January 9, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Your field trip sounds infinitely better than some of the shit I’ve done. Actually, minus the frigid temps, Canada sounds awesome. I have Vancouver and Toronto on my bucket list. I don’t even want to know America is known for in other countries. I usually lie and say I’m Canadian when I travel 🙂
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…My New Years “to-do” List

Danielle @ Green is the New Black
    January 9, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I’m a big maple syrup fan (even though I’m not Canadian!) My grandparents had a house in Vermont when I was growing up and its pretty big there too! I think the US is pretty similar; everyone seems to have a different idea of what it means to be “American”. Unfortunately, a lot of those end up with a negative connotation!
    Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted…WIAW: My little Soccer Tot

January 12, 2014 at 10:42 pm

As a dual citizen I hate when people harp on Americans! Such generalizations are passed which I can attest to having grown up in Canada. I will defend America to the death though!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    January 9, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I have to be honest, I love Aunt Jemima too because I grew up on it! I’m going to Toronto in April so when I cross the border I will find everything and anything maple! Yum!
    Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl recently posted…Chicken and Broccoli In White Sauce

Amanda
    January 9, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Making this! National identity: obesity. 🙂

Kat
    January 9, 2014 at 1:48 pm

I loooooove sunbutter!! I seriously eat sunflower seeds by the BAGful, so that probably explains it 😉 And seeing as how Im a huge Celine fan as well as a hockey lover, you think you’re country would accept me? 😉
    Kat recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #3

Shikha @ Shikha la mode
    January 9, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Wow, this is so unusual and awesome! I’ve visited Toronto a couple times and definitely come back with loads of maple syrup in tow. Also, I love poutine and am jealous that you guys have it, so flaunt those fries!

Em @ Love A Latte
    January 9, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I went to Vancouver in August 2012 and loved it so much. I went to Toronto to see the Lion King play when I was little and don’t remember too much. That sunbutter looks so tasty!!! Makes me want toast.
    Em @ Love A Latte recently posted…Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Vegan)

Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear?
    January 9, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Stooooop, we have the same brain. I literally made maple sunbutter last night with some cinnamon, coconut sugar and maple extract (didn’t have any on hand and my grocery closed down so now I have to walk a reeeeeally long way to get anything… definitely going to start getting more creative in the kitchen with what i have on hand haha)
    Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear? recently posted…Just in time for the party

Parita @ myinnershakti
    January 9, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I haven’t been to Canada in years! Would love to visit again – all the pics I see are gorgeous!

And your post reminded me that I need to buy a better food processor. I’m missing out!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    January 9, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Canada is basically my second home country! I actually have dual citizenship— US and Canada. Nearly all of my relatives live there, so I’ve been up there almost every year of my life. I must say, the maple syrup is pretty fantastic. As are the maple cookies and poutine 😉 The best thing in Toronto though? The Asian food…the DIM SUM? Can’t beat it.
    I’m obsessed with sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon, so this looks like the perfect recipe! Thanks for sharing, Davida!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Behind the Scenes #5: Weird Winter Happenings

January 9, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I just messaged my mum telling her I’m forwarding her a recipe to make in her food processor. Since I ran out of Sunbutter and love the hint of sweetness- You got me covered. STOP CHURNING OUT RECIPES! I already have the morning glory muffins on my list to make first thing in Sydney for food prep!

Why didn’t I know you in 2011? fail.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…He thinks….Out Loud #2

Mitchell
    January 9, 2014 at 4:35 pm

There are three things I associate with Canada: Maple Syrup, Joni Mitchell and Poutine.

I’ll let you guess which is my favourite of them 😉
    Mitchell recently posted…Kicking Ass With Breakfast

January 12, 2014 at 10:58 pm

ohhhh Joni! Each has a special place in my heart, not sure that I could choose a favourite! And if you’re anything like me then you couldn’t either 😉

Maria @ Little Miss Cornucopia
    January 9, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Honestly, I am not such a big fan of sunbutter. But gosh, the stuff you made here sounds incredible! If I take a jar of sunbutter and add the ingredients you list here to it..I wonder if that might work? I’ve done that before with other nutbutters..added pure maple syrup (of course), cinnamon, salt, chocolate, and more. I may have to try it out.. 😀

January 12, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Definitely an acquired taste! I used to hate it and am very particular but I have so come around!

Rose
    January 9, 2014 at 4:50 pm

100% Canadian here 🙂
    I don’t know, does any country have such a specific “identity”? I’m not really sure what I’d call Americans.. (welll I can think of a few choice words… just kidding!!!).
    Canada to me is overly polite, hockey loving, maple syrup and butter tarts, and that good ‘ol accent, eh?
    When I here Mike Babcock speak I laugh because he just sounds sooo Canadian.. and I’m not sure anyone reading a healthy cooking blog will know who that is but it sure helps my Canadian ID? 😉
    Recipe looks delish, I keep meaning to see what the hype is over sunbutter!

January 12, 2014 at 11:05 pm

I actually had to google him haha and then watched a youtube video and he sounds SO Canadian! Woah!

How could I forget butter tarts?!?! The best Canadian invention ever!

Becky @ Olives n Wine
    January 9, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Aunt Jamima??! I can’t get over that! But this nut butter is something I could definitely get down with. Real syrup fo sho!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…J. Law, Chicago PD, Chocolate and Sleep Smells

Sara @ fitcupcaker
    January 9, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I want to dive into that! Ive never made my own homemade nut butter, basically because I am too lazy, but this looks so freaking good!
    Sara @ fitcupcaker recently posted…WIAW- Eats Lately: Cheesy Brussel’s

January 12, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I kind of want to dive into it too…Might just go at it with a spoon.

I’m back, with spoon and sunbutter in hand lol

Suzanne @ hello, veggy!
    January 9, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I think I like sun butter better than peanut butter (gasp)! However I haven’d had much luck making my own; I’ll try this out next time 🙂
    Suzanne @ hello, veggy! recently posted…North Coast Naturals Review and Giveaway!

January 9, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I’m loving the maple love AND the nut-free love in this post! Although I’ve still yet to make my own seed/almond butter… I need to stop saying I’m going to do it and actually do it one of these days haha.
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…What I’m loving lately

January 12, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Girrrrl ya gotta get on that! Next time I post a butter recipe and you comment that you still haven’t made one yet I am coming over and forcing you to (then a meal at lettuce love and dessert from Kelly’s of course ;))!

January 9, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I HAVE been to Canada, funnily enough. I want to come back and go to a sugar shack though… when is sugar shack season??

I didn’t love Sunbutter when I had it… I think it wasn’t sweet enough for me. I always love the idea of it, homemade is always better, right?

My country has a national identity… unhealthy food lol.
    Cassie recently posted…Almost Getting It Together Thursdays: Mint.com

January 12, 2014 at 11:13 pm

errrrr winter season I guess? aka every season in Canada.

Sunbutter can taste a but earthy but I love it with maple and banana. Killer combo…kind of like fries, gravy and cheese curds 😉

Karey @ Nutty About Health
    January 9, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I’ve never been to Canada, but really want to go sometime. I’d love to see Montreal.
    I love maple syrup… guess there are worse things to be known for though, right? 😉
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…Thinking Out Loud

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome
    January 9, 2014 at 11:40 pm

I LOVE sunbutter and this looks amazing! I’ve made my own a few times but used honey instead of maple syrup. So good!
    Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome recently posted…Currently in January

Lisa @ The Skinny on Health
    January 10, 2014 at 2:49 am

I’ve barely been to Canada (Whistler once), but aren’t donuts really big in Canada? I’ve always just heard Canadians are super polite and love maple syrup, hockey, and donuts. (all stereotypes of course)

I’m from LA, so all I’ve got to my stereotypes is palm trees and hollywood!

This butter looks so delicious and natural. The pictures are fantastic too, I can see the texture so well! 🙂

xx
    Lisa
    Lisa @ The Skinny on Health recently posted…Hungry Healthy Girl Shares her Secrets

January 12, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Truth-be-told I didn’t know donuts were big in Canada. Maybe on the west coast? We do have things called beaver tails which kind of taste like donuts! They’re so good…if only they could invent a healthy way to deep fry 😉

Juli @ 1000lovelythings
    January 10, 2014 at 3:38 am

This sunbutter recipe sounds really really good. As soon as I am through my supply I am going to make this one. Did you ever experience the sunbutter firming up in the cooling process? Mine does it all the time. Any recommendations to prevent this?
    I’ve never been to Canada but I would love to go there someday. To me the country seems so rich of nature. Being from Germany I would say our national identy is cars 🙂 Being from Munich I would say Octoberfest 😉
    Juli @ 1000lovelythings recently posted…What I ate Wednesday #24 – Trying to get back on track

January 12, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Mine firmed up slightly but was still pretty creamy. It will definitely harden in the fridge though. I’ve found that even once your butter reaches the right consistency, you should still process it for a few minutes. For whatever reason it helps it keep it’s drippiness!

Kumar's Kitchen
    January 10, 2014 at 3:56 am

sun butter with maple syrup and cinnamon…what more can we ask for a healthy,buttery sweet spread….genius idea and delicious recipe,thanks for sharing 🙂
    Kumar’s Kitchen recently posted…Delicious & Creamy Cauliflower Curry With Coconut Milk

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    January 10, 2014 at 10:14 pm

I’m sad to sad that I’ve only made my own nut butter once….wahh!! This looks so divine, especially on crunchy toast. YUMO.
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…30 Clean Quick Dinner Recipes eBook GIVEAWAY

January 12, 2014 at 11:30 pm

For some reason when I first read your comment I thought you wrote YOLO and I was like hells yaaaa SunButter just screams YOLO! lol I’m a tool..

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    January 11, 2014 at 9:59 am

You know, I have never had a maple nut butter before! Which, even though I agree with the sentiments of your post, makes me feel slightly less Canadian 😉 Best go rectify that!
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…chocolate ganache brownies

Rachel @ Bakerita
    January 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Holy moly – this looks like HEAVEN. I love this flavor combo and use maple and cinnamon in my almond butters a lot, but I love that you made a sunbutter. I’ve actually never tried making sunbutter from scratch, but I recently won a Vitamix so I’m totally trying it. Yum! Pinned 🙂
    Rachel @ Bakerita recently posted…Jam Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan)

January 12, 2014 at 11:32 pm

I always add cinnamon, vanilla and coconut to my almond butter and thought I’d try it out with sunflower seeds. So yum! Can we talk about how jealous I am that you won a vitamix?!?! Lucky Duck! Eat some butter for me 🙂

Mary @ Fit and Fed
    January 11, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Of course I’ve been to Canada, it’s not far from where I live! I have got to make sunflower butter, I’ve made plenty of almond butter and walnut butter and others but have never gotten around to sunflower butter! I have a Vitamix so it’s not hard to keep myself stocked in nut butters.
    Mary @ Fit and Fed recently posted…Message from Coach Darin: Fighting Colon Cancer (or Better, Preventing It)

January 12, 2014 at 11:33 pm

My house is always stocked with nut butters! It’s genuinely difficult to choose which one I want to eat! Walnut butter is SO good!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
    January 14, 2014 at 11:58 am

I’d love to go to Canada someday, it sounds like a wonderful country! Just like this spread. Maple & cinnamon? I’m in! This sounds so delicious : )
    Consuelo @ Honey & Figs recently posted…{Makeover Mondays} Cauliflower Fried “Rice”

January 18, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I still haven’t made my own nut butter and I’m not really sure why that is since I adore the stuff. If I were going to start, I think it needs to be with this recipe because I’m also a maple (the real stuff) syrup addict. I love those little maple candies that just melt in your mouth too.

www.youtube.com
    July 20, 2014 at 3:54 am

Which is really amazing, You might be a good constantly skilled blogger. We have joined your current rss and grow way up with regard to hunting for excess of the excellent posting. On top of that, I’ve distributed your internet site within my internet sites

Healthy and Creative Homemade Nut and Seed Butters - The Healthy Maven