Nut butter is easier to make than you think! This seasonal Maple Pecan Butter is insanely delicious on its own but also perfect on top of oatmeal, toast or in smoothies. The possibilities for this recipe are endless!
Anyone else struggle to think of gifts for everyone in your family? One year I decided to gift homemade, gifts in a jar to everyone on my list and honestly everyone loved it!
This maple pecan butter is the perfect gift! It’s super simple to make (but no one has to know), crazy delicious and can be used in a variety of ways! Perfect for the foodies in your life.
Here’s What You Need
- pecans – technically you can use any nut here but this is pecan butter! I recommend raw pecans.
- maple syrup – just a hint of natural sweetener to elevate this nut butter. Make sure you look for pure maple syrup.
- spices – mix in a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and dried ginger for a major flavor upgrade!
- sea salt – this is optional but I like adding a hint of salt to bring all of the flavors together!
How to Make Pecan Butter
STEP 1: Start by toasting your pecans in the oven. Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast in an oven preheated to 350ºF for 6-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn! Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
STEP 2: Add the cooled pecans to a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary and be patient! The mixture will get creamy, promise.
STEP 3: Add in the maple syrup and spices and continue processing until the mixture comes together. The maple syrup will make the mixture thicken a bit but keep processing until it’s smooth again.
STEP 4: Add the nut butter to a mason jar and secure the lid.
How to Use Pecan Butter
The options are endless!
- Spread on toast and top with fresh sliced bananas for the ultimate breakfast or snack.
- Mix into overnight oats or a traditional bowl of oatmeal.
- Add to energy balls in place of the nut or seed butter.
- Use in place of nut butter in cookies or brownies.
- Make upgraded Reeses at home with this simple maple pecan butter cup recipe!
How to Store Leftovers
You can store the pecan butter on the countertop at room temperature for up to one month or in the refrigerator for longer.Print
Maple Pecan Butter
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 6-8 minutes, watching to ensure they don’t burn.
- Allow pecans to cool to room temperature.
- Add pecans to a food processor and process until smooth (about 2-3 minutes). Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Add maple syrup and spices and continue processing until mixture comes together. The maple syrup will make the mixture thicken but keep processing until it gets smooth again.
- Add contents to mason jar and seal lid.
- Will keep for up to 1 month in counter and longer in fridge.
*Recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, quadrupled etc…to make multiple jars.
More nut butter recipes to try:
- Cashew Butter with Cinnamon
- Vanilla Almond Butter
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almond Butter
- Spicy Walnut Butter
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!