Uncategorized

The Great St. Patrick’s Day Green Food Link-up

March 14, 2014

There’s a descent chance you will find me passed out somewhere on the streets of NYC this weekend. Partially having to do with the St. Patrick’s Day festivities going down, and partially because a week’s worth of recipes has completely exhausted me. Mostly I’m just excited to see my best friends.

These are the girls who have known me since I was 8 years old and wore a white and green striped onesie on the first day of summer camp. The girls who I comforted through a never-ending month of homesickness (love you Daley!), were there for my first kiss, didn’t judge me for my unibrow and laughed our asses off with when our band “Raw Skin Meaty Vegetables feat. The Canteloupe Squashers” performed in the talent show.

I love them more then green food, and that means A LOT.

the great st. patrick's day green food link-up round-upBut since I can’t host up a link-up about them without making myself seem super creepy, we’re doing GREEN FOODS instead. Oh yeah and that whole St. Patrick’s Day thing too.

If you’ll be celebrating please be that person who shows up with healthy green foods to help your friend’s stomachs absorb all that beer. They may give you funny looks for trying to sneak spinach into their food, but when they wake up hangover-less they are certain to thank you.

Here are my ideas (yes I’m suggesting feeding brussels at your St. Patrick’s Day Party). Looking forward to what you guys bring to the table!

We kicked off the week by discussing how I would fail on the Paleo diet, but still managed to throw together some AHH-MA-ZING Paleo Peppermint Donuts with Coconut Green Frosting. Seriously, make these.

paleo peppermint donutsThen I attempted a creative twist on brussels sprouts by adding blueberries. The recipe was awesome just not-so-green. Make them anyway.

roasted rosemary brussels sprouts with blueberriesA lack of green called for a doubly green recipe with these Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites made from just 3 ingredients!

raw key lime pistachio bites

Green week just wouldn’t be complete without some pickle. Why not add dried dill and pickle juice to your avocado? Seems totally logical to me…

dill avocado toastYou didn’t think I would do a round-up of green recipes without including pancakes, did you? These Green Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes are legit to-die-for and naturally green from spinach. No need to tell anyone.

green silver dollar banana pancakes

Now it’s your turn! I’m stoked to see what green recipes you’ve whipped up!

the great st. patricks day green food link-up

[inlinkz_linkup id=382509 mode=1]

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, friends (well almost…)! Will you be celebrating? Did you link-up? What’s your favourite green food?

March 14, 2014 at 4:07 am

Thanks for hosting stunner. I hope the #wholeDavida contribution gets the seal of approval.

Also…please please please have a marg at OUR joint on my behalf. Cheers.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Cheesy Pesto and Pea pasta bake

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    March 14, 2014 at 4:44 am

Damn, I’m late!! I am still a little drunk from Carneval I guess, so my mind is all foggy and I didn’t plan my recipe to load up today. I will link up Sunday night! Sorry!
    And have an AMAZING time in NYC. I pass over my prosecco soaked self to you – you can continue where I ended on Thursday morning – with lots of champagne and laughter! Have fun!!
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Thank you Eating Disorder, you can leave now. I’m fine. – Success at Basler Fasnacht

Juli @1000lovelythings
    March 14, 2014 at 5:21 am

Aaaah, great idea! I’ve just happend to come across your link-up and I’m joining in though my recipe isn’t totally green (at least not on the picture) I hope you don’t mind. You got me with all the green! I love green food!
    Especially the raw key lime pistachio bites make my mouth water!
    Happy St. Patrick’s Day 🙂
    Juli @1000lovelythings recently posted…Thinking Out Loud #9

meredith @ Cookie ChRUNicles
    March 14, 2014 at 6:06 am

Have the best time here in the city!

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    March 14, 2014 at 6:59 am

Awesome idea, Davida. I’m loving all the link ups already. Sadly I had no time to make a green creation. I’ll have to make one of your green recipes to impress my friends this weekend!
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…February Grocery Store Favourites

Kim @ BusyBod
    March 14, 2014 at 7:06 am

Yesss I linked up! I kind of shocked to be honest. Butttt my recipe isn’t healthy. It’s actually 100% terrible for you. So if I head to any St. Patty’s parties (I’m not), I’ll have to rely on one of the other recipes to get something healthy there. 😉 Good thing it already looks like there will be a LOT of amazing choices! I can’t wait to check them out, but I’m going to have to eat breakfast first because last time I perused your link up submissions I ended up starving.

Have an AMAZING time with your best friends this weekend. That’s medicine for the soul.
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Double mint frosted brownies {recipe}

Joanne
    March 14, 2014 at 7:12 am

I love how you went green ALL WEEK! I need those silver dollars in my life. Along with the key lime bites. Okay, fine, I need all of these.
    Joanne recently posted…Salted Caramel Peanut Pie

March 14, 2014 at 7:32 am

I’m still kind of upset with you for not throwing this party on MONDAY when I could have actually joined, but I guess I’ll forgive ya… eventually.

Have an awesome time in NYC while I hang out here in boring old Edmonton.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #69 .

Gabby @ the veggie nook
    March 14, 2014 at 7:43 am

I love that you are doing this again! So much goodness just from you alone, I can’t wait to see what other people contribute! I am sharing my raw thin mint green tea ice cream cake because I know you loved it so much 😉
    Gabby @ the veggie nook recently posted…it’s st. paddy’s day weekend! make these three…

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    March 14, 2014 at 7:45 am

Omg have sooooo much fun this weekend! Getting to see old friends is one of the most exciting things I swear. Also loved this link-up–I enjoy being forced to make something HA otherwise I will just make bites and only bites forever and always<3
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Tropical Green Smoothie

Beckhy @ Olives n Wine
    March 14, 2014 at 7:53 am

I’m going to spend my evening going through ALL of these healthy green recipes for my inspiration next week. This is such a great link-up idea! And although my photos don’t look super green, I promise that there is green pesto and green Brussels sprouts in my recipe 🙂 Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend – if you have the urge, come join me in Chicago tomorrow. I’ll be by the green river 😉
    Beckhy @ Olives n Wine recently posted…A Night with Julia Child

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    March 14, 2014 at 8:12 am

Your linkups are so fun but they make me sweat. Reminds me of this thing we have to do in my English class, we have to write pieces with obstructions. This is like that.

Have a faaaaabulous time this weekend! I know you will. & safe travels. xo
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Cheesy Cauliflower and Spinach Quinoa [Fish Fry Fridays]

March 14, 2014 at 8:24 am

Looks like this link up is going to be another success! Thanks again for hosting it. 🙂

I don’t think I’m doing anything for St. Patty’s Day since it’s on a Monday and I’m now old/an adult/lame/all of the above. Have fun in NYC!!!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Leek and potato soup

Megan (The Lyons' Share)
    March 14, 2014 at 8:28 am

Anything Irish + naturally green foods + a link-up party = I’m there! So excited I had to make THREE green recipes! And rest assured I’ll be doing it all over again on Monday; I love St. Patty’s Day! Thanks for hosting!
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…A Day Full of Green St. Patrick’s Day Meals!

March 14, 2014 at 8:33 am

So I should bring a green smoothie to go along with green beer on Monday? I can do that…because I hate beer so I won’t be drinking it. The holiday is probably a bit wasted on me…whatever, I’ll go for the green foods.
    Have a great time in NYC!
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Five Things Friday 03/14/14.

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com
    March 14, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thanks for hosting this link up lady! Wishing you safe travels AND a marvelous time in NYC with your friends!
    Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Thinking Out Loud…

Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
    March 14, 2014 at 9:39 am

Yay I love the green link-up! I did a quick post specifically to link-up to THIS link-up!

Have fun in NYC!! <3
    Amanda @ Diary of a Semi-Health Nut recently posted…Time to Start Shaving Again! [ Venus Snap Razor Review ]

Chipotle Egg Salad with Spinach - Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
    March 14, 2014 at 9:43 am

[…] now that I can link-up to Davida’s St Patrick’s Day Green Food link-up (and probably a Strange But Good link-up too)… back to the […]

Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair
    March 14, 2014 at 9:46 am

Thanks for hosting this fun link-up! Have the best time in NYC. Jealous!
    Lindsay @ Shiny Love Affair recently posted…Avocado Jalapeño Hummus

The Power of Accountability: Fitness, NASM + Recipe - Diary of a Semi-Health Nut
    March 14, 2014 at 9:52 am

[…] The Great St Patrick’s Day Link-Up with Davida at The Healthy Maven […]

cait @pieceofcait
    March 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

I came to comment on your blog & realized I had a recipe already waiting, chocolate avocado mousse! All your green eats look delish, those pistachio bites… oh my!!!! 🙂 have so much fun in NYC!xo
    cait @pieceofcait recently posted…T minus 1 day + {a few musts}

Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods
    March 14, 2014 at 10:21 am

Fantastic collection of green foods 😀 Happy St. Patricks day! Have fun!
    Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods recently posted…Crock Pot Shredded Beef

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance
    March 14, 2014 at 10:33 am

I am terrible and didn’t make anything green this week. It was kind of rough week and I totally dropped the ball. I’m sooooo sorry! 🙁

I am excited to see you in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted…Friday’s Food & Fitness

Anna
    March 14, 2014 at 10:53 am

So many great sounding recipes here! Thanks for pushing us all to get creative 🙂

Have an amazing time in NYC! Looks like the weather will be perfect [finally] for frolicking through the streets, a beer in each hand!
    Anna recently posted…The Green Breakfast

GiGi Eats Celebrities
    March 14, 2014 at 12:08 pm

This post is Racist.

I have some St. Patty’s Day “goodies” but they ain’t green… However, I might just SUBMIT ONE and see if you approve! Ha! BREAKING THE RULES BABY 😉
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Those Are Some Bad Words

How The Week Went Down
    March 14, 2014 at 12:16 pm

[…] Green Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes (or any of the other yummyness she’s posted) – via The Healthy Maven […]

Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A.
    March 14, 2014 at 12:21 pm

I’m green with envy over your delicious green snacks 🙂

I would never have considered putting brussels sprouts and blueberries together but I love the idea!

Hope you have a blast in NYC!!!
    Whitney @ To Live & Diet in L.A. recently posted…VIDEO: Myths about Fat, Carbs, & the Paleo Diet

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    March 14, 2014 at 12:49 pm

The major ish here is that I want to eat them all. I’m thinkin I’ll start my day tomorrow with that dill avo toast, have a peppermint donut an hour later followed by the blueby brussels, and end the day with pancakes, obvi. Done and done.

Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds
    March 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

There’s a whole lotta goodness in this link up! These chicks are creative! My favorite green food is mint chocolate chip ice cream. Last years hangover taught me to celebrate with food and not beer. Whoopsie!

Have a great time celebrating St. Patty’s in NYC! If you don’t pass out somewhere or on someone, you’re doing it wrong 😉
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…5 Reasons you Should Shop at Ethnic Markets

Taylor @ greens & chocolate
    March 14, 2014 at 1:29 pm

So much green food!!! Love it. Have the best time with your friends this weekend! Old friends are the best 🙂
    Taylor @ greens & chocolate recently posted…green thai curry meatballs

March 14, 2014 at 1:57 pm

I immediately wanted to go home and make those doughnuts. Alas- no almond meal. I might be making the pancakes instead. I’m seriously wanting something sweet.
    Cassie recently posted…Friday Favorites #16

March 14, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Because I wasn’t in the kitchen much this week, I still don’t even have a plan for Monday so I didn’t link up. The good news is I found lots of great green recipes so I should be ready for Monday!!!
    Kim recently posted…Things That Make You Go Hmmm…..

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner
    March 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Holler for green food! 🙂 Thanks for hosting another fab link party. Be safe and have fun this weekend!
    Tina @ Tina’s Chic Corner recently posted…Light Chocolate Chip Muffins

Alex @ Kenzie Life
    March 14, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I’ve been craving those key lime pistachio balls/bites and the pancakes ever since I saw them! I hope you have an absolutely amazing time in NYC! I bought my dogs some One Lucky Duck green kale dog treats the last time I was there and those are definitely my dogs’ favorite green food!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Bringing Back the Magic: What to Stop and Where to Start

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    March 14, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I hope you have a fabulous and safe weekend!!!! 🙂
    Heather @ Run Like a G! recently posted…My Silly Self

The Simple Green Juice |
    March 14, 2014 at 10:42 pm

[…] But I can, and I will, because Davida is hosting a St. Patty’s Day recipe link up full of all the green foods you could possibly imagine and I obviously couldn’t be left out of the party. Be sure to head over to THM on for the rest of the recipes. […]

Molly @ The Happiness Recipe
    March 15, 2014 at 12:27 am

What a great link up! These are definitely some great alcohol-free ways to celebrate St. Patty’s day which is only fitting since it is on a Monday!
    Molly @ The Happiness Recipe recently posted…MIMM #13: Fall Reading Week

Green Monster Ice Pops & Smoothie Bowl | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
    March 15, 2014 at 8:35 am

[…] St. Patrick’s Day green smoothie/juice recipes lately. (See the green foods link up on The Healthy Maven for examples of tasty green drinks). Perhaps my subconscious was telling me that I needed a break […]

rika@vm
    March 15, 2014 at 11:20 pm

What a wonderful link-up post dedicated to St. Patrick’s Day! I’m thinking whether I should dye my hair green or not, I’m not so sure yet. I hope you have a great time with your best friends!

March 16, 2014 at 12:51 am

Happy St. Paddy’s Day Davida!! Loving all of the green recipes. I’m sorry I missed participating in this one!
    Nicole @ Foodie Loves Fitness recently posted…My Gluten Free Experiment Ends + Favorite GF Finds

Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness
    March 16, 2014 at 8:56 am

Shared my link! Now I’m off to check out your recipes. They look amazingly good!
    Jill @ Fitness, Health and Happiness recently posted…Are Food Dyes Bad For Us?

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
    March 16, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Let it rain green with all these recipes. Donuts and Brussels Sprouts? Yes, please.

Marvelous Shenanigans & Green Pancakes | Fit Swiss Chick
    March 16, 2014 at 7:08 pm

[…] any food. Since it is St. Patricks Day I want to present a GREEN recipe which I will link up to Davida’s ‘The Great St.Patrick’s Day Green Food‘ host! I can not wait to make these again next weekend…..I didn’t have pancakes in […]

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table
    March 17, 2014 at 12:07 am

I’m soooo behind on my blog reading. Brussels and blueberries?! That’s just my sort of #strangebutgood! 🙂
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…7 Tofu Meatless Monday Recipes

Good for You Green Recipe Round Up - Cotter Crunch
    March 17, 2014 at 5:02 am

[…] you’re looking for more good green recipes, check out Davida’s Green food round up and Jill’s Naturally Green Recipes and info on food […]

Vegan Sweet PEA Smoothie |
    March 17, 2014 at 8:04 am

[…] around in my head for weeks now…ever since the lovely Davida announced she would be hosting a green food linkup for St. Patrick’s Day. Hey, if that girl can post a dish featuring Brussels sprouts AND […]

Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog
    March 17, 2014 at 9:51 am

I LOVE this idea! Thanks for hosting 🙂 I may just have to make those pancakes right now…
    Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted…A Letter to Someone Going Through a Breakup

Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers
    March 17, 2014 at 11:35 am

Oh yum! So much goodness all in one spot. I knew there would be a lot of fun linkups to this one! 🙂
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted…Shamrock Race Recap

Green Pancakes | What Can Be Gained
    March 17, 2014 at 11:39 am

[…] Check out the link-up love at The Healthy Maven! […]

Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living
    March 17, 2014 at 11:40 am

Happy St. Patty’s Day! Loving all these healthy green foods to celebrate.
    Jeanette | Jeanette’s Healthy Living recently posted…Filipino Garlic Fried Brown Rice Recipe

Kat
    March 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Those donuts girl..my gosh… those donuts!!!
    Need them in my life NOW. Ive been craving a donut for MONTHS now, which is weird considering that I have a donut pan and could make some!
    Kat recently posted…Garlic Peanut Sauce & Soba Noodles

Paige@FitNotFad
    March 17, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Hope you had a great time in NYC!!! Happy St. Patty’s Day 🙂
    Paige@FitNotFad recently posted…My Oatmeal Review! Short Version: AMAZING

What I Ate, Drank and Saw in NYC - The Healthy Maven
    March 18, 2014 at 5:00 am

[…] I recap I just wanted to give all of you who linked up to Friday’s Great St. Patrick’s Day Green Link-Up a HUGE thank you! I was honestly astounded by your creativity and talent. I don’t have an […]

Chicken & Black Bean Burrito Bowls | 24 Carrot Life24 Carrot Life
    March 18, 2014 at 10:53 am

[…] thing there are bright red tomatoes and purple onion in this salad because when I was linking up to Davida’s St. Patty’s Day post the other day I realized that a ton of my recipes are either green or brown. Gotta work on that […]

June 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I always used to study article in news papers but now as I am a
    user of web thus from now I am using net for articles, thanks to web.

my web site; Tim Mcgraw Shows (http://techandgamingnews.com/)
    http://techandgamingnews.com/ recently posted…http://techandgamingnews.com/