breakfast gluten-free Healthy How-Tos meat paleo

How To Cook Bacon In The Oven

February 27, 2015

No need to worry about clean up or grease splatter with this easy tutorial on how to cook bacon in the oven for the crispiest bacon. Just preheat, line up the bacon and bake and you have the perfect bacon in under 15 minutes!

No need to worry about clean up or grease splatter with this easy tutorial on how to cook bacon in your oven. Just preheat, line up the bacon and bake and you have crispy bacon in under 15 minutes!I’m back with another month of Healthy How-Tos! In case you don’t remember from my January post, I announced that for each month this year I will be highlighting a Healthy How-To recipe or kitchen hack to make healthy eating a whole lot easier!

Last month we did how to make green-juice in your blender, which was a huge hit! But now that we’re done detoxing from January, it’s time to bring on the bacon.

I know what you’re thinking, bacon isn’t healthy. Well in my world it is.

No need to worry about clean up or grease splatter with this easy tutorial on how to cook bacon in your oven. Just preheat, line up the bacon and bake and you have crispy bacon in under 15 minutes!Since becoming a bacon convert, I have been enjoying it in moderation and discovering new ways to cook and eat it. Is eating bacon with every single meal a good idea? Probably not, but every now and then along with ensuring you’re purchasing quality meat, it is very much a part of a healthy diet.

Even though I am totally down with the taste of bacon, I still really dislike the smell. Not to mention the hot oil splattering onto your skin. So I set out to find a solution to my bacon problems.

Thank goodness for ovens. They heat up your house when it’s -35 degrees outside (true story!), they’re a super hands-off method of cooking, and they help produce the crispiest, most delicious, and no-fuss bacon.

No need to worry about clean up or grease splatter with this easy tutorial on how to cook bacon in your oven. Just preheat, line up the bacon and bake and you have crispy bacon in under 15 minutes!I always make sure to buy organic, local, thick-cut bacon from The Healthy Butcher (I want to marry this place!) because standard store-bought bacon is full of nitrates, sugar and other ingredients I can’t pronounce. No bueno.

All you have to do is line the bacon onto a sheet and bake! No flipping required and it’s super simple to clean up. But just to be safe, I’ve broken down the steps for you.

Now you have even more stovetop space for an endless stack of pancakes!

How To Cook Bacon In Your Oven

Cook Time 15 mins

• 1 lb thick cut, organic bacon strips
  • parchment paper
  • baking sheet

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Lay down strips onto parchment. Do not overcrowd.
  4. You will need two sheets for 1lb of bacon.
  5. Bake for 14 minutes for crispy bacon. Bake for slightly less if you like it less crispy and slightly more for extra crispy.*
  6. Remove bacon from oven and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
  7. Pat with an additional paper towel to remove extra grease.
  8. Serve warm.

Notes

This time may vary depending on oven and how many baking sheets you have in the oven. 14 minutes is my magic number but pay close attention to make sure you get the texture you like. *I have not tried this with turkey bacon but I suspect it would be around the same time.

Want more healthy how-to kitchen hacks? Check out posts from this series so far!

Healthy-How-Tos
How To Make Green Juice In Your Blender

Don't have a juicer? No problem! Here's a step-by -step tutorial on how to make green juice in your blender!

How do you like your bacon? What other recipes would you like to see as part of my Healthy How-To series?

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    February 27, 2015 at 7:34 am

I literally JUST became a bacon convert this week! I thought turkey bacon tasted “the same” for years.
    I lied to myself.
    But I dislike the whole “grease hitting me in the face” thing, so I LOVE this. Pinned!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Zucchini Noodle Broccoli Cheese Casserole {Gluten/Grain Free, High protein, Vegetarian + Super Simple}

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    February 27, 2015 at 7:54 am

Yeah for bacon! I’ll eat it once every couple weeks or so if Riley’s making brunch. He always cooks it in the oven, which I think it so much easier!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Friday Favorites 2.27.15

Les | Balanced Berry
    February 27, 2015 at 9:04 am

I feel ya on the bacon convert thing…I HATED bacon until about 2 years ago. But now I love it. And bacon that’s fresh from the oven is just the best.
    Les | Balanced Berry recently posted…Paleo Pomegranate Chicken Teriyaki Bowls

Julia
    February 27, 2015 at 9:51 am

My friend recently turned me on to oven-baked bacon and now I’m of the opinion that there’s NO OTHER WAY to make it! Love the tutorial, and love that I’m now craving allll daaaah bacoooooons! xo
    Julia recently posted…Classic Shepherd’s Pie

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    February 27, 2015 at 9:53 am

So bacon is totally allowed on the 21dsd, which I did with my mom last month. My dad was like “WAIT!?!? BACON ISN’T HEALTHY YOU HYPOCRITES!!!!” and I was like yes it is DAD you’re DUMB! (exaggeration of how the convo went). Anyway, I got really into bacon last month and now I love it a lot. There’s a great recipe for putting it on top of broccoli with a creamy balsamic dressing from the 21dsd that I fell in love with and have been craving again this week.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…“Love Is You” Movie: NEDAwareness and Body Image

February 27, 2015 at 11:50 am

Sorry to say it but I don’t really like pork bacon! However, I will try this with eggplant bacon! 😀

lynsey | lynseylovesfood
    February 27, 2015 at 2:20 pm

omg this bacon is a total beauty. love it! xo
    lynsey | lynseylovesfood recently posted…Sour Cherry Bourbon Fizz

February 28, 2015 at 4:17 am

the smell of bacon is one of the best things- I’d cologne it.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Healthy Cinnamon Roll Waffles

Cassie @ Almost Getting it Together
    March 2, 2015 at 9:26 am

I went to WF yesterday JUST to buy bacon. I think if you put it side by side something else… white toast, maybe white potatoes, other junk people eat for breakfast – it’s definitely the healthier option. Plus, enjoying delicious pork is part of a healthy sanity diet.
    Cassie @ Almost Getting it Together recently posted…Mexican Stuffed Peppers [Vegetarian + Gluten Free]

March 3, 2015 at 6:30 am

I have been cooking bacon in the oven for years, and it is the best! If you cook it at 350 degrees you are able to render out more fat, and the bacon remains in nice straight strips. Perfection!

Ayngelina
    March 4, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Agree with you that bacon can be healthy in moderation, and really who can say no forever to this porky deliciousness.
    Ayngelina recently posted…Whey Fermented Beet Carpaccio Recipe

How To Make Bone Broth In Your Slow Cooker - The Healthy Maven
    March 27, 2015 at 7:34 am

[…] How to Cook Bacon in the Oven […]

How To Make Homemade Kombucha - The Healthy Maven
    April 28, 2015 at 9:19 am

[…] How to Cook Bacon in the Oven […]

How To Bake Bacon Strips In The OvenFree Technology
    May 19, 2015 at 6:33 pm

[…] How To Cook Bacon In The Oven For The Crispiest Bacon – No need to worry about clean up or grease splatter with this easy tutorial on how to cook bacon in the oven for the crispiest bacon. Just preheat, line up the bacon …… […]

Mary
    December 4, 2015 at 10:37 pm

So many great ideas! Thanks!

Kathy Cooper
    February 21, 2016 at 12:26 pm

We use our Holland Grill to cook bacon outdoors. The Holland has a stainless flat cooking surface with a diamond pattern which prevents food from falling into the bar-b-que. Excellent for cooking fish as well.