This page contains some affiliate links. Please review my disclosure policy.
A hearty and healthy apple cinnamon stovetop granola recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes or less! Perfect for an easy morning breakfast that doesn’t require you to turn on your oven!
Let me tell you about the magic that is stovetop granola.
My dream in life is to have one of those massive mason jars that is constantly replenished with delicious granola. I’d have fresh almond milk on hand and eat it while reading the paper in my breakfast nook. I suspect this will remain a dream for many years to come…
You see, I have a granola problem. If you’re a long-time THM reader you know this is nothing new. Granola and popcorn are my weakness. I cannot keep them in the house. At least not if I plan to have any self-control.
A massive mason jar full of granola would last me approximately a day and keeping it full would require me to make granola full-time. I also rarely have the patience to make fresh almond milk (even though it’s amazing!) and the odds of me reading the paper are about as likely as me reading Harry Potter aka non-existent.
My solution to all of this was to develop a single-serve (or in this case double-serve- one for me, one for C!) stovetop granola that I could make and eat in under 15 minutes. This meaning that the temptation to eat the whole batch wouldn’t be there.
The only issue is when you find yourself making this Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Granola at 3:00 PM as a snack AFTER eating it for breakfast that morning…I guess it isn’t so magical after all! Sigh.Print
Apple Cinnamon Stovetop Granola
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free certified if necessary)
- 1/4 cup raw chopped pecans (or other nut)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 apple, grated (I used granny smith)
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white, frothed
- In a large bowl combine rolled oats, pecans, raisins, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Add in apple, honey and coconut oil and give it a good stir.
- Add in egg white and stir. Should form granola clusters.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add granola and flatten with a spatula to form one large layer of granola.
- Cook for 3 minutes before flipping, flattening with the spatula again and cooking for another 3 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn (lower heat if you sense it is burning).
- Lower heat to medium and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes or until granola has crisped up. Break up clusters as needed.
- Serve with almond milk or yogurt and fruit.
- Store in an airtight container for several days (not that it’s ever lasted that long…)
*I’ve also replaced the apple with pumpkin (about a 1/4 cup) and the cinnamon with my DIY pumpkin spice for a pumpkin version!