The Best Ever Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies made with almond meal and coconut flour. You won’t miss the grains in this paleo and healthy dessert recipe.
It’s hard dating a food blogger. People think C gets it so easy because he’s surrounded by delicious food pretty consistently, but we both know the truth. Yes, he is well fed and I take full-respsonsibility for this, but people don’t know what really goes down behind the scenes.
Now I’m not about to throw myself under the bus and C is far too considerate to do this either, but I will let you in on a bit of what goes down in the Maven household. Let’s rewind to this past Sunday.
10:00 AM-I bounce out of bed declaring I will be attempting round 3 of my cinnamon roll adventure. After a night out of drinking (happy bday Sam!) C was not entirely pleased by my peppiness.
10:05 AM-owwwww my head hurts. Proceed to complain about it for the next minute while insisting I will never drink again (by again I mean not until tomorrow). C nods in agreement.
10:20 AM-the entire kitchen looks like it was hit by a flour hurricane. C looks on in horror knowing he will be the one cleaning it (I don’t clean).
12:00 PM- Kick C out of the house so I can photograph in peace…I have to shoot alone (don’t ask). C surprisingly agrees.
5:30 PM- Declare I am in a bad mood because of a bit of a fiasco over miso paste in the grocery store. C googles miso paste.
7:30 PM- Dinner is ready! But not before I spend 5 mins photographing my meal. C looks like he might eat my face off, bath salts stylez.
7:35 PM- Remind C that I splurged on fresh salmon for the 5th time in 5 mins and that he better like it. C tells me it’s delicious for the 5th time.
9:00 PM- Announce that I want to bake cookies. C is super excited.
9:01 PM- Discover I have no more flour so flourless it is! Spill almond meal all over the counter and scream “NOOOOOOO”. C has a look of terror on his face.
9:30 PM- Cookies come out of the oven and they are unreal! Inform C he can only eat one now since I’ve now decided I am going to post them and have to save them for a photo-shoot tomorrow…C looks like he might cry.
It ain’t easy dating me! Luckily I found myself a gem who puts up with my dramatic, crazy self.
Come home C! I have a full batch of THE BEST grain-free chocolate chip cookies waiting for ya 🙂Print
The Best Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 cookies
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 T coconut flour
- 2 T ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp baking soda (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened**
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce-warmed (20-30 seconds in microwave or on stove top)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips***
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, flaxseed, coconut palm sugar, salt and 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- In a separate bowl combine warmed applesauce with a 1/4 tsp of baking soda. Make sure it fizzles. If it doesn’t, start over with fresh applesauce and warm up for longer.
- Combine applesauce mixture with coconut oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll cookies into balls and then flatten slightly on tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes (or longer for crispier) then remove and let sit on tray for 5 more mins.
- Remove from tray and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
*or brown sugar.
**or use softened butter.
***or I use enjoy life dairy-free chocolate chips.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!