I eat some seriously strange things. I let you in on these combinations every once and a while but for the most part I keep them to myself. But I’ve finally decided to come out with them! Judge as you may, I only post things that taste delicious even if the ingredients may seem totally crazy.
You don’t need to limit your jam spreading to bread though. I finished an entire jar of this in less than a week. Into my oats, on my pancakes, straight from the spoon. It is some serious yumminess, not to mention the fact that it is entirely refined-sugar free.
This recipe is out there, but if I am willing to put aside my foodie self-consciousness and post it on the blog, it’s gotta be good. Trust me on this one….you can thank me later 🙂
Blackberry-Ginger Chia Seed Jam
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups 1x
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 2 T chia seeds
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add coconut palm sugar and stir until it dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in dried ginger.
- Pour HALF of coconut palm suga-ginger water into a blender and blend with blackberries until smooth.
- Add chia seeds to the mix and stir until well blended.
- Place in a jar or sealed container in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Will keep in fridge for up to a week.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!