With the big game coming up, I am seeing so many snack and appetizer recipes trending across social media! I have to be honest… I’ve never been a big football fan so likely (read: definitely) won’t be watching the Super Bowl except for maybe the halftime show.
What I will be doing though is making and eating a bunch of yummy snacks for an at-home spread! These cajun cauliflower poppers are the perfect addition to your menu. They’re obviously veggie based but don’t let that scare you. These cajun cauliflower poppers are flavored with a zesty spice blend and then roasted to perfection. Yes, the serving size is listed as four but consider yourself warned: C and I can easily down a batch of these on our own.
Here’s What You Need
- olive oil
- seasonings and spices: paprika, dried parsley, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
What is Cajun Seasoning?
As you may have guessed, the spices are what make these cauliflower poppers Cajun spiced! Cajun seasoning originated in Louisiana which is where Cajun cuisine began. From what I’ve seen on the internet, everyone creates their own rendition but in general, it’s a spicy blend! I love the blend I created – it’s the perfect amount of heat and flavor that goes so well with cauliflower!
How to Make Cajun Cauliflower Poppers
STEP 1: Remove the leaves from the head of cauliflower and chop florets into bite sized pieces. Place cauliflower in a large bowl and sprinkle with olive oil until all pieces are coated.
STEP 2: Combine all of the spices in a separate, smaller bowl.
STEP 3: Pour the spices on top of the cauliflower and mix until pieces are well coated.
STEP 4: Place seasoned cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip cauliflower pieces and bake for another 15 minutes.
STEP 5: Place the cauliflower on a serving plate and put a toothpick into each piece. Serve with a dipping sauce of choice or as a side dish.
Cauliflower Popper Dipping Sauce Ideas
If you’re like me, it’s allll about the dip. I love these cauliflower poppers with a variety of sauces! Here are some ideas:
- Honey mustard – my personal favorite!
- Ranch – can’t go wrong with this creamy classic. There are a lot of great dairy-free recipes and store-bought ranches if you need.
- Buffalo – want spice on spice? Dip in buffalo sauce or another hot sauce of your choice!
Cajun Cauliflower Poppers
Cajun Cauliflower Poppers – a lightened-up appetizer recipe with tons of flavour. Just roast up and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves removed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place chopped cauliflower in a large bowl and sprinkle with olive oil until all pieces are coated.
- In a separate bowl combine all spices.
- Pour spices on top of cauliflower and mix until pieces are well coated.
- Place cauliflower on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from oven and flip and bake for another 15 mins.
- Place cauliflower on a plate and put a toothpick into each piece. Serve with dipping sauce of choice (I like honey mustard) OR serve as a side dish.
More appetizer recipes to try:
- Champagne Turkey Meatballs
- Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- How to Build a Charcuterie Board
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!