These Green Banana Pancakes make the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day pancake recipe that is secretly healthy! No one will guess the secret healthy ingredient!
In my world, there is nothing abnormal about offering coconut palm sugar to my guests for their coffee.
In my world, oatmeal is consumed faster than a growing toddler.
In my world, pancakes are made miniature and called “silver dollar” because my Mom is no longer around to flip the normal sized ones.
In my world, pancakes are made pantsless while dancing to “Drunk in Love”.
In my world, grocery buggies have names (have you met Petunia?)
In my world, half a dozen bananas can be found in a paper bag in the oven in an attempt to make them ripen faster.
In my world, adding spinach to your pancakes is totally totally normal.Print
Green Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats ground into a flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used PC brand)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender add spinach and unsweetened almond milk. Blend until all spinach has been combined.
- In a separate bowl combine mashed banana, greek yogurt, spinach-almond milk mixture, egg, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir to combine.
- Spray or melt coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of batter to make silver-dollar pancakes (or 1/3 cup for regular pancakes).
- Cook until all bubbles have popped (about 2 mins) and then flip over for 1 min.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!