I figured after yesterday’s not-so-green recipe, I would give you a double whammy today. Key limes and pistachios, boom boom POW. Sorry, I just pounded two cups of coffee before I started writing this #5recipesin5daysmaykillme.
Can we talk about key limes for a minute? They are officially the most adorable piece of fruit I have ever seen. My 5 year old self probably would have made one my newest inanimate friend. My 24-year old self felt bad making friends with them knowing that I would be sacrificing their peels and juices to the food processor. It hurt more than touching my eye with lime juice covered hands. Karma is a B. Don’t mess with miniature fruit.
1. Shelled pistachios are worth the money. Ain’t nobody got time for pistachio shelling.
2. Are they balls, or are they bites? Actually, I ask myself this everyday.
3. Why does St. Patrick’s Day require green food? Don’t answer this otherwise you’ll undermine the whole purpose of the link-up…
4. It is impossible to eat just one of these. I dare you to try.
Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites
Prep Time: 15 mins
Keywords: no-bake blender snack dessert dairy-free gluten-free vegan pistachio key lime ball
Ingredients (18 bites)
- 2 cups shelled pistachios (reserve 1/2 cup for chopping)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 key limes, zest and juice of each
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of pistachios and dates to a food processor high-speed blender. Process until all comes together in a ball (about 3 minutes)
2. Break up ball and add zest and juice of all key limes. Process until well combined.
3. Meanwhile, chop up remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios into tiny pieces to be used at coating.
4. Roll pistachio-date mixture into 18 balls and then roll in chopped pistachios.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month or longer in freezer.
Diamond of California sent me a free bag of pistachios to sample, however all opinions expressed (aka I’m obsessed with pistachios) in this post were entirely my own.
One VERY important question today, are they balls or are they bites?
*Don’t forget you have up till Friday to post your GREEN recipe to be included in The Great St. Patrick’s Day Green Link-Up!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!