I figured after yesterday’s not-so-green recipe, I would give you a double whammy today. Key limes and pistachios, boom boom POW. Sorry, I just pounded two cups of coffee before I started writing this #5recipesin5daysmaykillme.
Can we talk about key limes for a minute? They are officially the most adorable piece of fruit I have ever seen. My 5 year old self probably would have made one my newest inanimate friend. My 24-year old self felt bad making friends with them knowing that I would be sacrificing their peels and juices to the food processor. It hurt more than touching my eye with lime juice covered hands. Karma is a B. Don’t mess with miniature fruit.
Other thoughts that occurred while making this recipe:
1. Shelled pistachios are worth the money. Ain’t nobody got time for pistachio shelling.
2. Are they balls, or are they bites? Actually, I ask myself this everyday.
3. Why does St. Patrick’s Day require green food? Don’t answer this otherwise you’ll undermine the whole purpose of the link-up…
4. It is impossible to eat just one of these. I dare you to try.
Raw Key Lime Pistachio Bites
Prep Time: 15 mins
Keywords: no-bake blender snack dessert dairy-free gluten-free vegan pistachio key lime ball
Ingredients (18 bites)
- 2 cups shelled pistachios (reserve 1/2 cup for chopping)
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 6 key limes, zest and juice of each
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of pistachios and dates to a food processor high-speed blender. Process until all comes together in a ball (about 3 minutes)
2. Break up ball and add zest and juice of all key limes. Process until well combined.
3. Meanwhile, chop up remaining 1/2 cup of pistachios into tiny pieces to be used at coating.
4. Roll pistachio-date mixture into 18 balls and then roll in chopped pistachios.
5. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month or longer in freezer.
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!
MjJune 29, 2020 at 8:12 am
Can you use prunes instead of dates?
Davida LederleJune 29, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Should be fine to use prunes though I haven’t tried it myself!
SundiAugust 16, 2019 at 4:29 pm
How many of these ball bites constitutes a single serving?
XaraApril 25, 2019 at 8:47 am
Is it necessary to process/blend this in two parts? It seems as if I could just put everything at the same time into my supe-powerful blender and get the same result… but am I missing something here?
Lee HawnMarch 9, 2018 at 11:22 am
What is the serving size and how may calories are there per serving?
NomiAugust 17, 2015 at 2:34 pm
It’s hard to find shelled pistachios that are not salted. The recipe doesn’t specify — do you mean salted or unsalted? Thanks
Davida KugelmassAugust 18, 2015 at 7:58 am
I buy mine at a bulk store. Salted is fine but if you can find unsalted, that’s ideal!
SarahAugust 15, 2014 at 11:51 am
These look delicious!
Heather @ Kiss My BroccoliMarch 25, 2014 at 5:37 am
Ahhh, bites or balls…the never-ending internal battle! Haha! Right now, I say who the hell cares because these babies are freaking GORGEOUS!! Omg, girl, I seriously canNOT quit looking at these pics! Love!!
Zsu DeverMarch 23, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Key limes and pistachios are officially my favorite fruit and nut. And you’ve put them together! Nice!
Zsu @ Zsu’s Vegan Pantry
lindsayMarch 16, 2014 at 8:14 am
these sound and look amazing!! do you care if i share them tomorrow with my round up? Linking back of course! and then please come make them and feed me, k?
Davida KugelmassMarch 16, 2014 at 8:18 am
You’re awesome! Of course you can share them! Speaking of sharing, my bf seemed to have some issues sharing these and polished off the whole batch in 2 days. So yes, I would love to make you some but you may have to fight to the death with the bf!
[email protected]March 15, 2014 at 11:28 pm
Key limes and pistachios, that sound gorgeous together, Davida and yes these limes are so cute! Hehe, two cups of coffee!? Please make me some iced coffee! Beautiful raw bites, I need this to go! I would rather call them bites…I don’t know about balls, eh!
[email protected]March 15, 2014 at 1:31 pm
They’re balls. Enough said.
Luv What You DoMarch 15, 2014 at 12:21 am
My boyfriend would love these!
Pistachio +Key Lime = Awesome!